Trucking worries

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by rocco92, Aug 20, 2017.

1. rocco92

rocco92 Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2017
    I have been trucking 3 years with the same company from which I obtained my CDL license out of there school. My first year and change I got into 4 accidents and 5 incidents. They were small but I still reported them. I'm about to leave the company and start looking for other companies. Well this affect me from getting another trucking company.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    Simple anwser, probably. Find your new job before you leave the one you currently have.

tinytim, superflow, LGarrison and 2 others Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It will be easier to know the 4 and 5, so I can pull my DAC list of reportables and time limits for hiring on each one.

Im not worried about going after you for the first year, you are into your third so you made it this far.

A better question I suspect would be to ask you WHY are you thinking about joining a different company? What is going on now that's apparently bad? Remember you got that 4 and 5 hanging over you DAC wise it might be a few more years for them to drop off. It's better to have a bird in hand than two in the bush.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Was it a Dollar General account? There's lots of posts on here from new drivers on Dollar General accounts with several accidents/incidents on their DAC.
    Since the accidents/incidents were during your first year and now they're a little over 3 yrs. old, you're hirable with some companies.
    Stop snitching on yourself!

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Also the dollar generals here have a high threat level from armed predators in my area. It;s rather silly if you ask me when they try to rob a small DG store for a couple hundred when there is a Armored truck delivering hundreds of thousands several times weekly to several larger stores in our area with rifles and armored security protecting them.

There is one DG here with a side dock, to get to it you have to completely pull out across a 4 lane divided highway near a major intersection and block it all as cars flow around you trying to get out of the parking lot of that DG you just clogged trying to back. ANy of them will be grateful to see you hit them. It will be life changing for them considering what most self insured trucking companies have to pay out in settlement.

7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    To answer your question - YES, they will.

I would seriously think about those accidents being looked at as a HUGE negative by the insurance companies that insure those who you are considering.

8. ThePettyTruck

ThePettyTruck Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Semmes, AL
    4 accidents and 5 incidents??! You drive for Swift don't you?

CrappieJunkie Thanks this.
  9. rocco92

rocco92 Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2017
    Because I had it with o t r, takes to much of my life up.

10. rocco92

rocco92 Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2017
    Companies are looking for major accidents, besides that was my first year of driving.

11. rocco92

rocco92 Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2017
    Most of them I had to report because I wouldn't been able to cover the damage.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.