Truckstop Diner Counter

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by striker, Feb 21, 2019.

1. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    I never sit at that counter.
    I always sit at a booth within earshot, so I can enjoy the idiocy in private.

I have busted out laughing before, much to the chagrin of the yarn spinners.

Like the other hand said.. the older, experienced drivers will be sitting by themselves.. quietly.. not drawing any attention whatsoever.
    It doesn't mean we dont get a chuckle from the comedy show.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I never been around a truckstop that had many dirt hands hanging out at it. Generally speaking them guys run local and go home, or maybe to a bar.

I was at sapp brothers in denver one night. There was a waitress there that had bunches of tats and piercings, I forget her name, her mother run the restaurant and was a blond named Candy iirc. Anyway the waitress had told us about a new boyfriend she had met the night before, he must have rung her bell pretty good the way she was acting. He was suppose to call her and take her out again that night, every time the phone rang, she would drop what ever she was doing and head for it in a dead run, even jerk it out of someones hand if they happened to be there. I was sitting at the coffe counter and just put my phone in my lap and dialed the number a few times hanging up as soon as she answered, this went on for a while, finally her mother came out of the office and said she didn't know who was doing it, but that phone rang in her office too and had better stop. lol

4. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Yeah.......I am President of the USA but I use to be a trucker.
    265964.jpg.jpeg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.