Truckstop Scams? Lets post our stories.

Discussion in 'Swift' started by truckbuddha, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Rowdy1

Rowdy1 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2016
    Had a guy try to sell me a wooden ipad. It was in a iPad box but the iPad had cellophane on it. It was a block of wood painted to look like an iPad. Guy held it up for me to look at it and I rapped it with my knuckles. He just walked away

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rowdy1

Rowdy1 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2016
    I'm reading this thread and I see people have run into the gold chain guys. I was somewhere I can't remember taking a nap and a guy beat on my door. I rolled my window down and he starts on about this gold chain. I said let me see that thing. Soon as it hit my hand I tossed it out into the parking lot in front of my truck. Right as it hit the ground a truck ran right over it. I couldn't time it or toss it like that again in a million years. I never even saw the truck coming but it was like I threw the perfect breaking curve ball right under the wheel of that truck lol

DenBob and Oldironfan Thank this.
  4. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    I think Wal-Mart now sells bee pollen. It is actually very good as a supplement. According to everything I've researched using Google.

5. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    I bought the aircell tried to get the t3000 but they were all gone.

6. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Lucky you!

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  7. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    It seems every time I've been to Benton Harbor, Michigan flying j. some old lady drunk comes up to me, I can smell the alcohol before I see her. And asks for money to eat. I just gave money to get her away from me. I must look like a nice guy. I need to change that.

TheyCallMeDave and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  8. dan31186

dan31186 Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Cincinnati, OH
    I know this is an old post but I saw this exact thing happen at the rest area on I71 SB south of Columbus, OH yesterday. I pulled into a spot pulling a trailer behind my pickup, this guy jumps out and says "hey man, you gotta see this guy" they tried to pull me into their 3 card game -- big stack of $100's and he's passing them out like candy. I say no and quickly come back around in time to see another goon trying my truck doors (locked). I come back around and they've all vanished.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  9. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Had a couple guys claiming to be "load brokers" cruising truck stop in Tennessee. They were trying to get me to pick up a trailer and run it 100 miles. Told them to call my company, they lost interest. My concern was it was stolen or a load of hazardous with a fake destination,,would not be cool getting saddled with a trailer of contaminated garbage,,it was a common scam I learned later.

dan31186 and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  10. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    one time i needed a CB mic so i pulled into the fife loves in my camaro
    it was flying J then
    white van pulled in behind me and a man got out the passenger side and said he needed a ride to the greyhound
    he said the bus leaves in 10 minutes so we gotta go now
    the white van could have drove there by now
    i said no i got plans
    can you say car jack???
    not long after that my night shift driver pulled in to the good year across the street to fuel.
    two men were walking down both sides of the trailer. he said he did not set the brake just rolled out of there

11. Akula

Akula Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Arizona
    Is it even possible to stop anywhere off I10 around Indio without getting hit up by the jewelry scan? “Pure gold my man. I just need (fill in the $ amount).” The price goes lower the later it gets.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.