Trying to decide between Prime, Swift, or CFI

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Gambosa, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Gambosa

Gambosa Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Not true where I live. Too many colleges=too many people getting those jobs lmao

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gambosa

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    You have all been very helpful and I will contact some recruiters before long to see which company is my best fit and weigh my options with them.

4. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    do you have kids

5. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    then do it. its nice and peaceful getting window therapy. its just really tought when you have a family.

Gambosa Thanks this.
  6. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    They all say that. Rarely is it true.

7. Gambosa

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Yes, but my youngest is 21. I just found out I'm pretty sure I won't be able to drive though, as I have rheumatoid arthritis :(

8. Gambosa

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    That does often turn out to be the case, which is very sad :(

mitrucker Thanks this.
  9. Gambosa

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I'm sorry, I just realized you were not asking me that :oops:

10. Gambosa

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Not sure if I already mentioned this or not, but my brother in law used to drive a semi. He told me that he sees no reason why I shouldn't be able to attend CDL school or drive a truck if I have arthritis, as long as I can pass the DOT physical. He told me I should be able to get a note from my rheumatologist stating that I currently take medication for my condition which my arthritis responds to & that the doctor does not think my arthritis would impair my ability to drive a semi. Does anyone know if that is true? He said he has diabetes & wasn't allowed to drive until he got a doctor's note, after he was diagnosed. I'm thinking it might have been different for him, since he was already driving.

11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Thousands of drivers have diabetes and drive with a 1 yr. medical card. Thousands don't disclose they have diabetes so they can get a 2 year medical card vs. a 1 yr. medical card.
    CVS pharmacy can give cheap DOT physicals. Get one and find out if you can pass.
    If you pass, go to cdl school, then hire on with a company that doesn't require another physical.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.