Turbo Pressure C12 Kenworth T600

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Dan's Trucking, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Dan's Trucking

Dan's Trucking Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2020
    I have a 2001 Kenworth T600. 4 days ago I had an oil change and oil filter changed. Problem I am having now is my truck starts shaking and rattling when turbo hits passed 20 psi. It won't build pressure up the mountains/hills, and it starts shaking. It will go to 25 psi in turbo down the hill, but the minute I try to build pressure, it starts shaking like my fuel filters are filled with water...if that's not the problem, what else can it be? Ive already replaced the fuel filters, but I was wondering if it's my turbo? Any advice?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Epicdudejo

Epicdudejo Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2019
    based off of my limited car experience, I had something similar happen. When I gave it hard throttle, the engine would start getting the hiccups. Based on feedback from a mechanic, my specific problem was cracked pipes along the air intake. I was taking in surplus air through those cracks, which caused the ECU to roughly cut throttle input in case of excessive pressure.

I temporarily fixed it by duct taping the cracks closed but I'll need to replace the pipes themselves.

so, assuming your problem is the same as mine, check around your air intake plumbing for cracks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.