Turning engine on Issue

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by sanjoel23, Oct 22, 2018.

1. sanjoel23

sanjoel23 Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2017
    Hey all, 2012 Cascadia DD15 3 filter fuel system 495K here. I've been having some real trouble with getting the engine on every time I turn it off so I've been forced to recently leave it on till I get it fixed. Before anyone says to scrap it and get another one, I own the truck and title, so it either owns me or I'm into deep. Anyhow, it has a NEW fuel pump installed only 5 or 10kmiles ago, but it seems it loses prime or something every time. I've tried priming it using the little joystick looking thing pushing down and over hundreds of times and still it doesn't turn on and i'm forced to use quick start spray. It didn't quite struggle to turn on at first when installed, but over time it has gotten worse and now even after a few seconds if i turn it off it will struggle to get back on and I need a solution quick before I eventually burn out my starter. Has anyone had a similar issue and have any ideas of specific things to check? I'll be sending in to the shop after this hitch, but I have always gotten good advice from the forums to have a plan before sending it in. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Sounds like losing prime look for a loose hose or fittings maybe a cracked filter base also probably a check valve somewhere

sanjoel23 Thanks this.
  4. sanjoel23

sanjoel23 Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2017
    Ten four. Definitely look into that.

5. me myself and I

me myself and I Heavy Load Member

Oct 5, 2009
    vernon hills,Il
    Look at the top of transmission at fuel shut off valve. If its wet, that might be your problem

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.