Two more years......Retiring at 62.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by jraulpilot1998, Jan 15, 2018.

1. jraulpilot1998

jraulpilot1998 Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2014
    All over U.S.A
    Retiring in Two years. Would like to work for an Owner Operator or Company with 1 to 50 trucks. Willing & wishing, to work on a 1099. Have a Spotless CDL record since 1996. (Stateside)(Since 1978 PR). **Any leads on an Owner Op. or companies with 1 to 50 Trucks...? Thank you in advanced for your replies.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Should not have much trouble up there in Oh.

Sorry I dont know any personally. How ever,.. I am suspecting that your looking for shorter miles, local or just home more. In my opinion this is not relegated to smaller companies or O/O's. I am a small 2 truck operation and I mainly operate from the midwest to the east coast. But will still cover coast to coast, border to border.

I would look around and make some phone calls. Another option to think about is to get on with a company that offers 7 days on 7 days off slip seating. That might help you relax more as you transition from semi-retired to full retirement. My driver does 3 weeks out with 5 - 7 days off. So its not that uncommon. Call around and ask.

Hurst

jraulpilot1998 Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Sign up with a temp service that hires cdl drivers. Pick & choose/work when you want.
    I worked for one years ago and it was a good experience.

‘Olhand and jraulpilot1998 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.