Two weeks ago Transportation Offices Fired 600 long term Employees.

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by WallyDriver06, May 11, 2018.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Walmart won't Go away but I bet the private fleet is on its way out the door... They are gonna end up going to the same set up target has... They will have outside carriers exclusively hauling their trailers to their stores..

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Good luck with that. On a weekly basis, we get messages that a GM trailer is dropped in a GRO dock at some store and can some private fleet driver go fix it, please?
    I do believe management wants to get rid of us, but these constant errors by their “chosen” are not helping.

foggy and 06driver Thank this.
  4. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Maybe. But I doubt it.

One Target has never been any where near the efficiency on supply chain. Private fleet and its flexibility is a key to that.

Two we are actively taking over certain buildings that used to be outside carriers. We are cheaper than any option presented that was deemed reliable. Walmart requires 99.5% on time delivery.

Three They love show ponies for PR purposes. Winning ATA safest fleet consistently, our work with Wreaths Across America, No Zone and teen driving, and having had the Grand champion in TDC for 5 of the last 10 years is good pr. Also membership in the ATA allows them leverage for the direction of the ATA.

But like I have kept saying, the checks cash, the BS is minimal compared to most, and I get the respect I demand.

5. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    You too? We had one dropped across two docks. And another one sitting about a foot off the dock.

slim6596 Thanks this.
  6. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    It’s happening more and more. Dropped in the wrong dock, dropped 10ft from the correct dock (?!?), and now missing trailers. There was a message yesterday I think, asking if you were pulling a certain trailer to call the London office. Message made it sound like they lost it.

foggy and 06driver Thank this.
  7. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    Yeah rumor says a remix load got out the gate on the wrong route. Went out fleet wide.

slim6596 Thanks this.
  8. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    Im curious. Android and OS X aren't too much different yet Android is far more common to be used. Personal experience aside, how would changing os fix peoplenet..

9. SpiritLink

SpiritLink Light Load Member

May 17, 2010
    Tallahassee, FL
    Yeah, what’s up with the trailer not being at the dock thing? This has happened quite a bit recently. How do you accidentally drop a trailer 5-10ft from the dock? I can’t even begin to understand this lol.

10. foggy

foggy Medium Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    In our area, swift got cut but other contractors took over. Contractors are getting more and more of Grocery and remix...even though they are messing up...big time:( Walk in to a store and you see something that used to send Bentonville in to hissy conniptions...out of stocks. They are concentrating on IT sales and not their core business. Neighborhood markets have higher prices than the supercenters and other chains are beating their prices...something is amiss:(

11. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    I agree on the NHM prices. I was in one the other week that refused to match the super center price.

I disagree with that business model. If we are going to take on Aldi and Lytl(spelling?) and Publix, Meijer etc etc we better present a unified front across all of our stores.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.