Typical routes for company drivers?

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by huckstah, Feb 21, 2013.

1. huckstah

huckstah Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Hey guys, as a pre-hire for Central, I was wondering what sort of routes you guys typically run. Is it a pretty even mix of east coast and west coast, or more of one than the other? How often do you go into Canada?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Voltrucker

Voltrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2012
    West TN
    I see several in Tennessee on I-40.

4. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Never been to Canada... Not sure if we go there... As to routes, there are only two states we haven't been in yet, so Central goes all over... They try to keep you on the interstates for the most part, but some states they'll route you on state highways... Miles are shorter, but because of the smaller towns and speed limit changes, it won't really save you time... But as a company driver you're suppose to stay on their route (pending verifying route on an atlas for STAA ratings, weight limits and low bridge heights) and fuel at the fuel stops they say, and do partial fills or full fills on their say so.

droflex Thanks this.
  5. huckstah

huckstah Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Would you say you saw all 48 states within your first year?

6. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

All except for two... Vermont and Maine... I have friends that have had loads up to Maine, so even those are possible :D

7. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    Can you be based out of the Fontana terminal and run strictly 3 state regional CA,AZ, and NV? Does Central haul a lot of California produce?

8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

There is a 'planner' that runs a fleet... And he is the 'west coast' planner... Doesn't mean you WON'T go east, but most of the loads would be on the west coast... And Central hauls all types of stuff... From paper goods to food; bare root roses to fish 'parts' for cat food!! (That was an interesting haul) ... As to which terminal you're based out of, it doesn't really matter... The terminal would be where your DM/FM/Planner is... They have them in GA, CA and UT.

9. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    Thanks Lady K unless I got a guarantee that I'd only run those three states I would not sign up.

10. Ten_Bucks

Ten_Bucks Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Placerville, California
    I can vouch for Lady K when she says the diverse stuff you haul for Central. I mostly hauled food and Coors beer but one haul I did was a load of Douglas Fir Christmas trees from Oregon to Tennessee.

Scott

Lady K Thanks this.
  11. CntrySngr

CntrySngr Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Carson City NV
    Here is a DAC on Central They will lie on yours!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.