Tyson Foods, Inc. - Springdale, Ar.?

Discussion in 'Tyson' started by scanner-man, Nov 22, 2006.

1. scanner-man

scanner-man Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Temple, Ga.
    Anybody have any information on Tyson Foods? Looking for info on their teams and scheduling.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. toolman

toolman Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Abilene, Tx
    Not personally, but I have some friends that drive for them. I will try to get in touch w\them and let you know.

4. ajb1972

ajb1972 Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Springdale, AR
  5. Cerberus101

Cerberus101 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia
    i also have been interested in them. but i have yet to talk to a driver to know the real deal. they sound good on paper.

6. scanner-man

scanner-man Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Temple, Ga.
    My wife and I talked with their local recruiter right after we graduated from West Central Tech. during their career day. We also had the opportunity to talk with one of the female trainers that was there. My wife and I got a boat load of information from her about the industry and the company. The only thing I'm concerned with is I haven't heard any complaints - big or small - yet. I did ask the trainer about forging logs and her response was no way, 100% legal. We were also able to view "her" rig. Newer Volvo. I think she said it was 2 years old. Just as clean as your mom would keep it. I opened the hood and was impressed by the cleanliness of the engine. Just a small amount of road grime and no leaks. That would say something for their maintenance or Volvo's workmanship. Trailer was a 53' also clean on the outside, tires were at least 80%, no leaks on the hubs - actually could see how much oil was in the hub. Not so with the trailers at WCT.
    One good advantage is that they are a major food supplier and everybody has to eat.
    After Turkey week is over I'm going to give the recruiter a call and see what he has to say about teams and if they need them. I have a feeling they will move the frozen chicken to the western us and bring beef back to the east.
    Going to hit the sack and do my impression of a Jake Brake for most of the night. That is right up to the point where she smacks me awake........

mje Thanks this.
  7. ajb1972

ajb1972 Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Springdale, AR
    Anyone drive for Tyson? If so can you share some info about your experienes there? Thanks.

8. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I've read very few threads regarding Tyson foods in the various trucking websites. I don't know if that's good or bad. Or maybe it means they're too busy running and making money to post on the internet.:smt025

mje Thanks this.
  9. madbunny

madbunny Medium Load Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Indiana
    You're never going to be without a load. Never hear a bad word from a company driver or an O/O, guess it depends on how you take kidding.

Cluck, Cluck ..... Chicken Truck

10. clearthalane

clearthalane Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2007
    I'm new to this profession but the company as a whole is good. The farther you get from the Springdale AR area the less likely it is a drop and hook. My trainer and I spent 4-5 hours being loaded and unloaded so somedays where a wash. He still got his $70 layover pay. I got my $400 a week. I was going to start a $.38 a mile. With experience I think you get $.42. My trainer was a butthead. He was terriable with the road rage thing, I can't believe he has gotten away with it as long as he has. Also, chattin with people on his cell phone while driving. He is very aggressive and i'm laid back which wasn't a good combination. I quit because I had all i can take of him, he said that will be bad on my dac report but they told me they have an open door policy in which they will ask me to come back in 6 months. They pay $110 for each holiday plus $250 for christmas plus milage and they try to work it where you get home for christmas anyway. As long as you have experience you will be ok but if you end up with the trainer I had I feel sorry for you.

mje Thanks this.
  11. ajb1972

ajb1972 Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Springdale, AR
    What was his name?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.