Tyson Foods, Inc. - Springdale, Ar.?

Discussion in 'Tyson' started by scanner-man, Nov 22, 2006.

1. lonelyswmtrucker

lonelyswmtrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2011
    down the bayou
    thought about driving for tyson; but unsure now. wonder if i should go with flatbed for the physical work or do the reefer thing & find time to do physical activity

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Afroprince

Afroprince Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Joe Blackburn never returns email or voice messages. He came to recruit us at Davidson County CC but i could not get in touch with him after that. I finally decided to apply online and about a week later, was called by a lady named Michelle from Springdale and she offered me a job.
    3 days orientation (lots of paperwork and videos), lunch and hotel is provided.
    you will spend the nexr 2 months with a driver-trainer, and then you may get your own truck.

4. MSheets

MSheets Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Granite Falls,NC
    I have worked here for over a year now. I never have a problem getting home when I'm due hometime. They have deadheaded me 300 miles to get home when I was supposed to be. I had a death in the family when I was in Nebraska. They offered to fly me home. No other company I've worked for has done that. I've also made more money here than any other company I've ever worked for. If we run out of route because of a detour for a wreck we get paid. Just this last week the closest CAT Scale was 50 miles away. I was over so I had to go back. I got paid for the extra miles no questions asked. Just send in a message and let them know.

With E-Logs I get more rest now than I ever did on paper. They pre-plan us before we are empty sometimes 2 loads in advance.

The Wilkesboro, NC Terminal is closing as of Thanksgiving week. Joe will still be recruiting out of the area but all dispatching will be done out of Springdale, AR for NC drivers.

mje Thanks this.
  5. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
  6. Afroprince

Oct 27, 2012
    Miles are great. Haven't been under 2500. Most weeks over 3000

mje Thanks this.
  7. TruckerPete1990

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Is there a long wait to get a truck?

8. Afroprince

Oct 27, 2012
    Its not bad, I got mine after maybe a month, which is just 2 trips.

9. TruckerPete1990

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Do they pay layover while waitin on a truck? Lol a month of not working will suck

10. Afroprince

Oct 27, 2012
    Waiting on a truck? I misunderstood you. You are working from day one. The truck you get after one month is a truck permanently assigned to you. During the month, you usually drive trucks for people who are on vacation or some kind of leave.

mje Thanks this.
  11. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Two trips in a month? That's one every two weeks. That's some long trips! :)

Tyson takes care of their own. They have the freight anywhere in the country to move you effectively. Contractors are a different story as those companies do everything to kiss Tyson and cover the loads given to them. Even if one driver in the area has to wait extra or get his sleep cut short. That's really not Tyson's fault.

They also train new drivers which is a better choice than many other mega carriers. Students make $400 week in training and start at 36 cpm once they get their own truck and 3 years 40 cpm.

Here's their current hiring map

http://www.tysonfoodscareers.com/Driving/Hiring-Areas.aspx

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.