U.S. Express Lease Purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by overpass487, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Hotplate

Hotplate Medium Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Those are sin wages, driver. Why is it so many people in trucking go into business for themselves to make less money than employees?

FlaSwampRat and TexasKGB Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    I never thought of it like going to Vegas so true...

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  5. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    I want to say he is not in business for himself, he probably didn't even pick out the truck. these companies are simply taking advantage of the gullible. I know for some they live in a truck get on youtube and brag one week recruit another and currently turning in the tractor. As a owner operator the risk is always there if you cant pay for repairs your done, truck notes they repo, and the list goes on. Making sure your getting the best rates and consistency makes a difference as having a good mechanic.

Professor No-Name Thanks this.
  6. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I could be wrong but i think atlas only has owner operators. No lease purchase.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    www.DriveAtlas.com
    DriveAtlas has launched a lease-purchase truck program that it says is designed to make drivers more profitable and take the initial steps toward owning a tractor.

Professor No-Name Thanks this.
  8. rjjr1963

rjjr1963 Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2019
    Can you lease a brand new truck? I have money to put a down payment to keep the payments low.

9. All-American82

All-American82 Medium Load Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Rogersville, AL
    If you have that, then you should purchase your OWN truck and lease "TO" a company. That is a totally different situation and ultimately much MORE lucrative!!!
    People get these 2 mixed up all the time.
    Lease/purchase = you "lease" a USED truck from the "company", take ALL of the responsibility but the "company" can take the truck at any time for any reason. But make you FEEL like an owner /OP (which your not!) AND you can't take "your" truck anywhere else but to THEM to get loads
    Lease TO a company = You have the title (or the bank does) and you lease your truck TO said company and you get a percentage or mileage for your services. But if you don't like said company, you can leave and take your truck somewhere else to get loads. And unless you REFUSE to accept that trucking is a business and act accordingly, this situation is ALWAYS much more lucrative!!!

flood, dwells40 and rjjr1963 Thank this.
  10. rjjr1963

rjjr1963 Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2019
    I've never driven a truck. I'm going to get training an a CDL at my local community college. After that do I need to go to a carrier for a year to get OTR experience?

When leasing to a company do I get a percentage of miles or a percentage of the load?

11. All-American82

All-American82 Medium Load Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Rogersville, AL
    Honest recommendation???

Find a good carrier and get a least one year under your belt, for if no other reason than to make sure you even LIKE this industry!
    The fantasy and the reality are 2 completely different things.
    Plus, it also pays you to LEARN. By that I mean, there are things you should and HAVE to know in order to be successful. You don't want to be just a driver, you should want to be a successful driver. So, while you are learning "the ropes" you have income coming in without the possibility of making a "financial catastrophe" for yourself and family. IE; if you breakdown, it's on the "company" verses your bank account. And you LEARN from that. Pay attention to everything that happens in that breakdown and try to find out what everything costs the company if you can. BECAUSE, when it's YOU paying the bill, you'll know what to expect!
    Which brings me to the BIGGEST point you should know!!! THIS IS A BUSINESS!!! Unless you understand that and embrace that fact, you are doomed to failure! The #1 reason MOST (not all) people who do NOT succeed in this business is they REFUSE to understand that! That $5000 settlement is NOT YOURS. That's your truck payment, insurance, maintenance account, taxes, ETC,,,,, and even what's left is not really yours. You have to determine what to save and what to take home. Because you want to keep your "take home" as low as possible, because guess what? you have to pay separate taxes, SSI, etc,,, on that! Driving is the easy part. It's the business end that ultimately dooms so many. If there's anything that I could impress upon you is, learn as much about business as you can. You DON'T have to have a business DEGREE, but you DO have to understand how business works!!!

As far as the "percentage" goes, that's percentage of the LOAD! IE; Say the "load" pays $1000 to go to Oshkosh. And you have a 70% contract (or whatever you negotiate) That means your agreeing to get that load to Oshkosh for $700. ONE WAY!

Mileage, is just what it sounds like. Your agreeing to take that load from Puddintang to Oshkosh for $1.50 / $1.75 / $2.00 A MILE (whatever you agree upon) ONE WAY! That's NOT round trip back to Puddintang!

So, I hope that kinda helps answer your question.
    Please just get a little experience BEFORE you lay out some of your own cash and learn some business principles while your doing it!

Good luck!!!

rjjr1963 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.