U.S. Xpress Strikes Again!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by jmy72, Nov 22, 2008.

1. jmy72

jmy72 Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Tampa, Fl
    Well The Hammer has begun to drop. U.S. Xpress has decided in their infinite wisdom, to start FORCING drivers to team. I had a great load this morning, that was gonna be an 800 mile run, and was routed 42 miles away after picking the load up. I was told that I had to come to the terminal for a "Special Meeting". What a crock of crap.

I dropped my load and went inside and was brought into the Terminal Managers office. First, he wanted to explain that I hadn't done anything wrong. (which I already knew, but okay.) But however, I was informed after working there for quite a while as a Solo Driver, that today was my last day as a Solo. I had two choices. I could become a Team Driver, and drive with someone that I don't know at all, and who knows what kind of personality conflicts I have with the person. Or, I can Lease a truck. Are those my only options with the company? Yes. Okay then I take option three. Which is? Get Me a ticket out of here.

U.S. Xpress is bringing drivers into the terminal with no warning or anything, and giving them the option to, team, lease or quit. On the Spot. Who cares how much stuff they have in their truck and what they are going to do with all the stuff that won't fit into a bag. Even though they could tell the driver, okay, you didn't do anything wrong so we are going to give you the option. You can team, lease or resign. We understand that not everyone is prepared to team, and also may not want the financial responsibility of Leasing a Truck. If you decide to resign, we will get you a load going near your home, so you can clean out your truck, and then Turn the truck into the nearest terminal.

But No. Its simply lease, team, or have a nice day. I am currently sitting in a Bus Terminal on my way home. I had a load this morning. (What a different a day makes) So even though I have been runnin my tail off, There is no freight for a solo driver. hmmphfff, that seems odd.

U.S. Xpress is also putting Hold on Hiring, due to they have over 300 students already sitting at home, waiting for an available trainer. Once, they get a trainer, they go out, and when they finish training, they HAVE to team with someone. It's just a sad sad world in the Realms of U.S. Xpress.:biggrin_25510:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CommDriver

CommDriver Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2006
    Unbelievable. I don't think they'll have much success in forcing drivers into teams. It would be interesting to know just how many drivers go through with it. It's one thing to know who you're teaming with and have time to prepare your stuff, etc. and just being thrown off your truck and into someone else's.

I didn't have a credit card when I started trucking. But after a couple of bad experiences, I got one and made sure I had plenty of credit available at all times in case I needed to rent a car to get home with all my stuff.

4. jmy72

jmy72 Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Tampa, Fl
    I dunno, but I do know that when I went to Tunnel Hill, Ga to unfortunately having to turn in my truck, the Yard was just loaded with turned in trucks. The shop said most of the trucks were from drivers that refused to team or lease and quit. When I signed my resignation form, there was a Pile of em that had already been signed. It's just Sad

5. bongo

bongo Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Syracuse NY

Sorry to hear of your misfortune and hope your ends are covered. If you read into this deal it appears that USX has some issues other than what typicaly discussed on these boards.
    Opting out of the fleece deal is a no brainer. I have done some teaming through the years and its difficult to operate with a friend let alone a stanger. Besides having the wheels rolling constantly is down right monotinous!
    It is unfortunate that these mega entities can write there own rules and treat drivers like they are less than human.I have never heard much positive about this operation by anyone who is seasoned. Sure new shiney trucks, What does that mean if your treated less than human. Maybe when the smoke clears from our financial turmoil some of these low brow operations will be gone.:biggrin_25525:

hal380 and EZX1100 Thank this.
  6. bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272 Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Baltimore
    boy am i glad i im not considering usxpress,

That student hiring freeze they instituted, wont last long is drivers are flocking their way out the door like that!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  7. Carolina Raider

Carolina Raider Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2008
    My, My, my "Oh,what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to decieve."
    USX is calling all solos in? I will let u know what happensTuesday,11/24. Shucks, I thought they were calling me in to give me a turkey or to invite me to their Thanksgiving party..... But they really are giving me a turkey if what u say is true.

8. TheOl'Grump

TheOl'Grump Bobtail Member

May 27, 2008
    Misery
    man that sucks,UseLess at it's finest.Sounds like they are copying after C.R.S.T. wonder if they are going to give Teams the 400 mile runs since they got the rail

9. firstgear

firstgear Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Just imagine the amount of new drivers they are going to scam into their lease with this one...geez:biggrin_25512:

10. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi

Keep us updated....I'm interested in knowing this kinda stuff.

But it sure sounds like some folks are getting it broke off in 'em/

11. Owner's Operator

Owner's Operator Medium Load Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Chicago IL
    Hey better to have 70 trucks sitting in the yard driverless than 70 trucks out there running with a solo driver.:biggrin_25511:

I would not be surprised if USX goes under within 6 months. A company I drove for did a similiar thing a few months before sinking.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.