Uber Freight - Running out of hours

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by 28, Oct 23, 2018.

1. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    So far every load I’ve done for them
    has me picking up at the very start of my log
    and delivering at the end of the day right as
    I run out of hours

Do they not understand the 14 hour clock ?

:scratch:

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Thy are in the freight business, not the we need to coddle driver business.o_O

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You the driver don't matter. Not a jot.

Call in and make a new appointment when you cannot get somewhere legally in the HOS you have left.

If they fired you? take that logbook HOS, document who said what and so forth to the state labor at your home state and get your unemployment. Federal laws are in place since 2012 that you cannot be bullied into breaking the HOS etc. When it says you are done for the day when that 11 or 14 runs out, you are done.

IF the customers give you a hard time and so on, that's their problem. Make a new appt time please. If they continue to bully you, then find someone else to run freight for.

I spent the last years of my trucking running McKesson of Memphis. Alll we did is drop hook loaded. Go to Detroit or wherever. back in, they unload in 20 minutes reload cardboard bales in 20 more minutes back to Memphis. Hand bills back to me and off we go. Routine. Round and round. None of that live BS from grocery or amazon or anyone else.

Again, to repeat. You and your hours DO NOT MATTER TO THEM. Refusal to continue to unload can probably get you banned, then trespassed and then fired for it. Do whatever you can to find good customers who do better with your time and move away from live waiting, loading etc.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.