Under dispatch

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by dadddymills, Feb 12, 2017.

1. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    quote me if im wrong...

but doesnt the O/P supposed to file this thru his bobtail/liability aka phys dam insurance..? Why is the carrier responsible for your truck damages? That's the point of having your own truck insurance, whether your bobtail or not.

Carrier coverage comes into place when you hit someone/something or cargo purposes...

Now, it's a different story if you dont have INSURANCE and your insured under his PHYSICAL DAMAGE policy which you probably arent by the sounds of it. again, i'm sorry.. i didnt read the whole thread, briefly skimmed through it.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    You're wrong, he was getting and paying for his insurance through the carrier. The damage to the truck would be covered under collision/ comprehensive, physical damage coverage covers the party that you get in an accident with if you're at fault.

dadddymills Thanks this.
  4. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Comp and collision is to cars what physical damage is to trucks, the same thing, just a different name. This issue is why is it's wise to have the physical damage policy along with the bobtail in your name.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  5. dadddymills

dadddymills Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Yes it is but I did find a attorney to take the case Ill keep everyone posted. We to have a clear understanding of this.

NavigatorWife and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  6. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    It's an expensive lesson to learn. I have myet pd policy with OOIDA. I have supplemental towing and rental replacement. Quite affordable.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Good I pray the owner gets his, I HATE owners like this, JUST HATE THEM.

NavigatorWife and dadddymills Thank this.
  8. truckersjustice

truckersjustice Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Burnsville, MN
    If the carrier had public liability insurance on the day of the accident, there is coverage. Go to Safersys.org and look up the name of the carrier's insurance carrier and contact them.

Paul Taylor
    Attorney

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.