Unfairly taxed

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Riker, May 14, 2023.

1. Riker

Riker Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2015
    I’m a carhauler working for a company out of Florida. General Motors requests a certain number of trucks domiciled in New Jersey. I live in Tennessee and have only been in New Jersey maybe twice in two years. They take state tax out family leave act tax and a SUI tax which I don’t know what what that is. Total month maybe $7500 a year. Does anyone know How I can get around this?

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    Talk to a GREAT CPA. If you’ve been unfairly taxed, they’ll know what paperwork and how to submit it to get you refunded.

I highlighted “great”, because a former CPA screwed me and a great CPA got my money back, as many years back as he could.

TX2Day, tscottme, JoeyJunk and 3 others Thank this.
  4. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Stay out of liberal progressive Democrat controlled areas. Ducnut has the right answer hire a great CPA.

5. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Many CPA’s strive to make sure there is as low a risk as possible for you to get audited, thus they purposely pass up many allowances in the tax code that could benefit you. If you get audited, that CPA gets dragged into it, so they want to avoid that, but to your disadvantage.

Riker Thanks this.
  6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Not all the time, the CPA who is not an EA is looked at as a tax preparer, nothing else. That is why you need a CPA who is an EA so they can deal with the IRS directly on your behalf.

wis bang Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.