Union Trucking Companies

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by D33RHUNT3R, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobalt Thorium G

Cobalt Thorium G Bobtail Member

May 7, 2013
    My pension is the same as our management's pension. So, when was the last time you heard of management terminating their own pension? My company makes $1 BILLION profit per QUARTER. I'm not worried.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Don't worry about his pension, if the company falters in making payments or the union doesn't want to pay for it, the tax payers will pick up the tab.

knuckledragger Thanks this.
  4. union man

union man Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2013
    BRONX, NEW YORK
    Why is it that when a union member , presents his pay package all of the anti-union people come out to say all negative things about the unions . Don't be jealous , you can have the same thing too , just JOIN THE TEAMSTERS...... YY3.jpg

5. Cobalt Thorium G

May 7, 2013
    Exactly! Even though we are not Teamsters anymore. We started off with them, but national put us with the small package division and we got lost in the numbers game, so we formed our own independent union that has close alliances with the Teamsters and 100% of our members supported the 1997 Teamster strike, by not crossing Teamster picket lines and walking those same pickets with our fellow union brothers/sisters.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
    double_r and union man Thank this.
  6. union man

Mar 4, 2013
    BRONX, NEW YORK
    Thank You for your support.........

7. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Yes , follow the lead of DHL
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/05/02/idUS167976+02-May-2008+BW20080502

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetreviews/dhl-ends-u-s-operations-cuts-9500-jobs/480

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  8. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    Having worked for non-union and union companies over the years, plus being in management for several years, I can state with firm conviction that if any profession needs to be organized, it is trucking. A driver gets "shafted" enough with a union, but without one, well there is no recourse. Just look at the stagnant pay since the decline of unions and yet prices on goods keep climbing, so don't come around me telling this BS that wages of union workers drive prices up.

While in management and I mean right beside the CEO, I saw thousands of dollars wasted everyday for the pleasure of the "elite", but yet they would fight a driver "tooth and nail" over 15 minutes delay time.

Here we are in the year 2013 and the average income for a truck driver is no better than it was in 1980, 33 years later. Why???? Because Corporate America broke the back of organized labor. It all started with Reagan firing the Air Controllers in 1981 and the unions of this country did nothing but sit on their %sses and did nothing. Had the unions of this country come to the aid of the Air Controllers and showed solidarity, the picture today would be entirely different.

cc tanker, bucksandducks and union man Thank this.
  9. Cobalt Thorium G

May 7, 2013
    DHL in the US was a lost cause from day one.

ktut and union man Thank this.
  10. union man

Mar 4, 2013
    BRONX, NEW YORK
  11. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    All I can say is if wasn't for the Teamsters that paid $116,000.00 for my medical expenses and also pays me a living wage I would of lost everything I've worked for. I'm proud to be a Teamster.

ktut, cc tanker, Grouch and 1 other person Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.