United We Roll Truck Convoy

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by tinytim, Feb 16, 2019.

1. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Anybody hear about this?

THUNDER BAY - Lisa Kleinsasser, who calls herself a proud oilfield wife, believes the federal government needs to do more to support workers in Canada’s oil and gas industry to bring more jobs to Canadians across the country.

“I think its important for Canada to stand together and show the government that we need to make some change and need to support areas like Alberta that may have different needs than eastern areas,” she said.

Kleinsasser was one of more than a dozen local supporters of the United We Roll convoy that arrived in Thunder Bay late Saturday afternoon.

The convoy, in support of the oil and gas industry, including building pipelines, eliminating the carbon tax, repealing Bill C-48 tanker ban, and stopping Bill C-16, departed Red Deer, Alta. on Feb. 14 destined for a demonstration in Ottawa.

More than 200 trucks are expected to arrive on Parliament Hill later next week and on Saturday more than 75 vehicles stopped in Thunder Bay. Originally scheduled to pass through the city earlier in the afternoon and stop in Sault Ste. Marie, organizers said supporters on the road caused delays.

Angie Reid, the east coast coordinator of the convoy and leading the way in a pace car, said the cross-Canada trek is about sending a message to the government of Canada.

“Canadians have issues that need to be dealt with that we feel are being ignored and we feel it’s time he pays attention to us,” she said. “Some of us are from Alberta and we want the pipeline built. Some of the bills are absolutely ridiculous.”

The convoy is also in opposition to the United Nations global compact on migration. Reid said she is not opposed to legal immigration, but believes there are a lot of struggling families in Canada and doing away with pipelines is hurting them.

“People from across Canada have gone to Alberta for prosperity, so I think the rest of Canada should stand up and help them,” she said. “There are multiple reasons for our people to be here and everybody has their own reasons to be here.”

The idea to use a convoy of trucks started in Alberta where convoys were once used to transport oil for the pipelines.
    more...

magoo68 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Their is a huge amount of people supporting them at the Antrim truckstop in arnprior tonight .. by the Time it hits Ottawa tomorrow it will be quite large I suspect .. it’s awesome seeing Canadians stand up for something it’s been awhile since we have it seems

tinytim Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You need a whole bunch of Pipe.

We can get that done in a hurry, here or there if you gottas have it. Call it a war emergency and get it built

Otherwise you need a whole lot more railroad tank cars, engines to pull em and go= only knows how many lashups of slave assisted helpers to force that 16K over kicking horse or some such.

We should hold on to that oil. It's not going to be forever. And it's truly gone we need as Canada does too, to be doing something else all over again when that time comes.

5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    This country is a f'kn joke. Its Canada (ONE country) but every province wants to behave like their own country. The provinces SHOULD be working together to benefit EVERYONE. Instead we all just work against each other.

special-k, Zeviander, magoo68 and 3 others Thank this.
  6. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    I was just that same conversation the other day.

7. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Sask
    Passed the convoy in the opposite direction last week (I was heading east, they were heading west), just east of Regina; more pick-ups than big rigs, but there was still lots of time to grow the convoy at that point.

8. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Sask
    Sorry, I was heading west, they were heading east............sigh..........

9. Raamman

Raamman Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Airbase Two
    That is what the Federal level of government does: look out for the nation as a whole
    Provincial governments are elected by the folks they are to represent; why should the provincial government of say, Saskatchewan concern itself with Newfoundland's cod fisheries ?
    That's not a wheat farmers problem, is it ?

10. special-k

special-k Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Southern Ontario Canada
    Listened to the CBC the other day when they were in Ottawa. I don't think anyone (for or against) helped their cause. Just a lot of chest thumping from all sides.

tinytim and Raamman Thank this.
  11. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I think you completely missed the point of my post. If Alberta needs a pipeline then BC should be working with us to build it. Not oppose it just because its a province full of tree-hugging hippies.

Same as if another province needs something from us, we should be working with them to boost their economy. There is no reason why we can't compromise and benefit everyone.

Phantom Trucker and magoo68 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.