Unitrans Inc - Andrius Butkevicius, wage theft, criminal activity

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by road.life, Jul 28, 2021.

1. road.life

road.life Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2021
    Beware this company does not pay all drivers, drivers may end up working for weeks and months without receiving any pay. Unitrans Inc (Willow Brook/Downers Grove/Romeoville IL) and its owner Andrius Butkevicius are especially targeting vulnerable groups, minorities and immigrants.

Other than not paying all drivers, Unitrans will ask those drivers to pay out of their own pocket for company's expenses such as scale tickets while promising to reimburse them, later it would not reimburse the expenses.

Butkevicius finds victim drivers by placing classified ads on Craigslist advertising great pay and terms, in this way he was able to lure in naive drivers and get thousands upon thousands of dollars through wage theft.

Andrius Butkevicius himself is an aggressive person and an immigrant from Lithuania who has found fertile ground in Illinois to steal from people using a registered business with the State organizations such as Dept. Of Labor being understaffed and not taking action against small crooks like Butkevicius. Please note, it can take the Illinois Dept. of Labor 2-3 years or more to hold a basic hearing based on the wage theft complaint, Butkevicius is well aware driver complaints to the Illinois Dept. of Labor for wage theft lead close to nowhere and he has been profiting from it.

As far as the company goes, employees in the office in Romeoville IL are his buddies from Eastern Europe and know what is going on. Butkevicius also hires people in overseas countries, Russia and Lithuania, to falsify drivers' DOT logs remotely using ELDOne software. Butkevicius and his company Unitrans are the worst kind of crooks from Eastern Europe and were able to get away with their scams for years here in the U.S.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    Jamie113, JoeyJunk and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. N00bLaLoosh

N00bLaLoosh Road Train Member

May 13, 2021
    Novi, MI
    What are you going to do about it?

4. road.life

road.life Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2021
    What else can I do other than to warn other drivers?

I received $0 in pay while driving for Unitrans, weeks on the job were passing by and there was no pay coming in, I filed a wage theft complaint with the Illinois Dept. Of Labor only to get a response months later saying the complaint has been received.

I got this response after asking for an update - it is in manager’s review, which will take a couple of months, after which it will be sent to the hearings department where it will take between 18 – 24 mo. To be scheduled for a hearing. I have over 700 claims, so you will have to email me whenever you want an update.

Team818 Thanks this.
  5. N00bLaLoosh

N00bLaLoosh Road Train Member

May 13, 2021
    Novi, MI

I can save you 24 months, you get nothing.

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  6. 12 ga

12 ga THE VIEW FROM MY OFFICE

Oct 21, 2013
    Central Michigan
    That is how stupid people get treated.

7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Romeoville? 1099 pay, posibly a lease?

Bumper and TB John Thank this.
  8. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    PT Barnum was right, there is a fool born every minute

snowlauncher, 12 ga and Dennixx Thank this.
  9. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    A good salesman (not to be confused with a good person) can make a s@#t sandwich look like a delicacy to the ill informed or those looking for a short cut.

snowlauncher and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  10. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Sounds like you got educated.
    Do not work for just any Tom, Dick or Harry in greater Chicago.
    And NEVER continue to work for anyone if you are not paid!

SAFER Web - Company Snapshot UNITRANS INC

JoeyJunk and road.life Thank this.
  11. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Might I suggest you hang on to your vehicle untill you're paid the money that is owed you. Once you are all square with your previous company BYOB&CBD has some money making lease options you may be interested in.

JoeyJunk and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.