Unprofitable O/O - Canadian

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by haider99, Mar 19, 2014.

1. h11way

h11way Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2012
    midwest
    Are you getting fuel surcharge? That help's,looking at your revenue versus fuel used,you need to get out of containers.If you were making 4-5 thousand and using that much fuel you would be making a profit.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    need to calulate separately for each truck

4. haider99

haider99 Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    ^ yes, its separate. Each truck is giving me this milage.

5. haider99

haider99 Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Yes i do get fuel surcharge. I did not make a penny in profit this winter, but mostly paid for expenses out of my pocket. This is the first year i have been with this company and I am making a move in switched for U.S runs. A triangle run from Toronto - Montreal - New Jersey.

6. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    How are 3 different trucks getting the same number?

Dont average them together. You want to see which truck does best and which does worst.

7. JordanJay31

JordanJay31 Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2013
    I don't understand how these guys who have no payment on any truck, only own one truck, and they drive their truck, pay their bills pulling containers.... Aggregate too. And now after the Cubans have come and cut the rates to $&!@ they themselves can not pay their bills! Hahha, idiots!!! And they run Miami to palm beach alllll day to only post their 25 year old dump trucks and 2 million mile century class freightliners on Craigslist for 48,000 big ones! I love it! What goes around comes around and I'd u continue to float them containers, you will sink bud. It sucks I know but I wish you the best of luck.

8. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Not TOO MANY CUBANS running containers in CANADA (from Montreal Port - Toronto Ontario ) where the OP is operating and unlike the CUBANS the OP is working for UNIONIZED CARRIER

9. rockyroad74

rockyroad74 Heavy Load Member

He said each truck has the exact same average fuel mileage.

With variance in 3 different trucks, driver habits, traffic conditions, load weights, and container chassis drag characteristics; it's nearly impossible to have exactly the same average on each truck.

The drivers are working together to sell fuel and not raise suspicion. I would trail them in a rented car and see what they do, or bug their cab and listen to their conversations. Something smells fishy!

10. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    Yes. That was mentioned as a possibility.

11. JordanJay31

JordanJay31 Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Call it what you want... you got container pulls down here that don't pay and if you can't turn a profit running 3 trucks in container lanes in Canada, THERES OBVIOUSLY NO MONEY IN CONTAINERS UP THERE IETHER

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.