Untrained Drivers on the loose

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Starboyjim, Jul 15, 2012.

1. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Did a search on the OP, been driving less than 6 months.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I backed a Swift drivers truck in when I was at Walmart. She was having one of those days. We are still friends and she was happy to hear I came back OTR. If I wasn't married, I'd take her up on her offer to run team with me, lol.

4. nascarchuck

nascarchuck Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2008
    DFW, TX
    Try Kraft in Bethlehem, PA at night. First time I was in the hole in no time flat. The next time it took 30 minutes. That seemed to be the norm. Talking with the other drivers they had all been driving many years and they all had problems. Heck, I even had to move so that the yard dog could get in next to me. That place sucks!

airforcetoo Thanks this.
  5. chico9696

chico9696 Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2009
    USA
    I'm still trying to figure this deal out.....

airforcetoo Thanks this.
  6. snowman01

snowman01 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2011
    North Carolina
    I run a switcher part-time and watched a Schneider try to back into a hole at the mill for 20 min before cruising over and seeing if he needed a little help. Turns out he was just cut loose from his trainer 2 days before and developed a case of brain-freeze for some reason. I spent 1/2 hour helping him back in and giving him advice which he was very grateful for. Don't be part of the problem, guys. Everyone learned sometime in the past.

7. snowman01

Sep 27, 2011
    North Carolina
    bwahahahhahhahahah, insert Western Express and it was me that it happened to. chased the clown all the way to the fuel pumps in flip flops and underwear before I caught him. Felt kinda foolish dressed like that, however.

airforcetoo Thanks this.
  8. snowman01

Sep 27, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nice. you should have no ego when backing a truck. If you can't get it for some reason don't try to jam it in to show everyone that your billy big-rig the stud from Odessa, stop and take a deep breath and then see what is wrong. Pull all the way around the truck stop/shipper and set up for another go at it. I run a yard truck and I still have trouble from time to time for some reason.

airforcetoo Thanks this.
  9. snowman01

Sep 27, 2011
    North Carolina
    Why? If you have a sticky slider sometimes finding a curb and using that as wheelchocks will work quite well.

airforcetoo Thanks this.
  10. ShootThis

ShootThis Medium Load Member

Railroad ties work awesome,a little heavy though.

11. TrucKer 999 TriLLion

TrucKer 999 TriLLion Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Ca
    the feeling of us new drivers includin my self when were drivin thru a truck stop and theres like 3 spots left and ur gonna have to do a 90 degree and most of the drivers r
    lookin at us....:biggrin_255:

another method i use when backing is keep the AC on....with both windows down.....

i can definitly have one of those backing days especially if u drove 8-10 hours without stopping...

any1 ever stayed at that Pilot in Effingham,IL off I70/I55....i was parked in the back...and had to leave around 4am....definily wasnt easy trying 2 get out....

airforcetoo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.