UPDATE.....

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by TNspeedy, Feb 4, 2009.

1. TNspeedy

TNspeedy Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Greeneville,TN
    Can any current Boyd drivers give an update on them? Are they still gettin good miles and pay....given this economic maddness. I am considerin looking into them in a few months.Any info will be app. thanks for the time you have spent reading this.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hytekrednek

hytekrednek Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Rock Hill, S.C.

Boyd is doing fine. Still running miles and still home on weekends. Ive read your other posts on the Boyd threads and have summed it up. Boyd is here to stay. Read my post in the Would Anyone Recommend Boyd thread.

TNspeedy Thanks this.
  4. TNspeedy

Oct 23, 2008
    Greeneville,TN
    I just want a job pullina skate board and i am afrain my little stint with marten is goin to hurt me.....and the wait till april is killin me....western express is the only one i know of that will take a 22 year old and i dont know if i should got there and get some recent experince or just wait it out till im 23 and have more people im egible with and try to get on with someone better that western!!!!!!!!:biggrin_2551:

5. hytekrednek

Dec 10, 2007
    Rock Hill, S.C.
    Honestly job hoping will hurt u anywhere. Especially maverick. If you can hold out try to. How long has it been since you drove a tractor?? Thats what Boyd will look at. If it isnt to long ago than they will hire u and put u in a refresher course. Call our recruiting number and talk to Lanese. If she isnt available ask for Betty. They will let you know what the best thing to do is. Keep me posted.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009
    TNspeedy Thanks this.
  6. TNspeedy

Oct 23, 2008
    Greeneville,TN
    yea thats what scares me....dont wanna be a job hopper....and i am borderline....maverick said that you had to hold a job a year from what i have taken in on here they are lookin at your past 10 years......but i am probably wrong....before i was old enough to get my cdl i was a welder for 3 years.....i came off the road the first of april in 08 been drivein a school bus since then.....well the 2 week employment with marten. but im back hearin screamin kids in the afternoon...mornins aint that bad

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009
  7. hytekrednek

Dec 10, 2007
    Rock Hill, S.C.
    is the two weeks a marten ur only otr exp???

8. TNspeedy

Oct 23, 2008
    Greeneville,TN
    lol...no i pulled flatbed for 6 months with prime thats who i went through to get my cdl

9. hytekrednek

Dec 10, 2007
    Rock Hill, S.C.
    oh....just checking. Not sure what the age limit is with Boyd but just call and talk to recruiting. tell them I told you to call. they will take care of you and let you know what u need to do.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
  10. TNspeedy

Oct 23, 2008
    Greeneville,TN
    will give them a call.....and tell em you sent that way thanx for all the info

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
  11. happypappy25

happypappy25 Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2008
    League City, Texas
    Can you tell me anything about the Tx. Regional fleet? I recieved a card from Cynthia with Tx. written on it. How old of a tractor does a regional driver get? Usually they get the old ones.
    Will appreciate any update. Thanks and be safe out there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.