ups to buy conway freight?

Discussion in 'UPS/UPSF' started by Mavrick81, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Mavrick81

Mavrick81 Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Southern California
    when is this gonna happen. everday i have a ups employee walk up to me when i am on route and say were gonna buy you. any info on this?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. polk41

polk41 Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Belchertown,Ma
    First I've heard of it, but you never know.

4. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    It's a rumour that's been floating for a couple of months.

No one has confirmed it yet.

You have to take it with a grain of salt though. Do you recall ANY rumours of Conway buying CFI before the fact?

5. scubatch

scubatch Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2008
    so cal
    I've been told the same thing all week.they said it was told to them in Mon. communication meeting.UPS is said to be buying conway & old D. buy the end of Feb.. I'd like more info!

6. TruckingBum

TruckingBum Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2007
    ga
    Talk about cfi drivers hitting the jackpot

7. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Jackpot? With more than 50% of formerly CFI drivers having NO hazmat endorcemenet, let alone doubles and triple endorcements. Who can say for sure.

I spoke with a 13 year vet from UPS the other day. He did not have nice things to say about them at all. On the flip side, I have friends that work for them...think that UPS is the god of trucking. Go figure.

8. elharrison

elharrison "Iam on my way"

Feb 8, 2007
    WV
    i know a few guys at WorldWide and they love benefits, money is good and no complaints...

i dont see UPS buying them...since UPS has overnite for there freight serives but you never know...

9. bloodlan

bloodlan Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Interesting, I work for UPS Freight and have heard that rumor even before overnite was bought out. I think it is just a rumor since UPS has covered just about everywhere Old d and Conway covers. They are having a money issue rebranding the equipment they have now. Also I do beleive the next buyouts that they will make will be more of the out-of-bound regional coverege that they dont get to right now. They do not like that fact that they have to hand out thier freight to someone else to get it delivered. Look for the smaller buyouts. It just makes more sense. Look what happened to yellows profits when they bought out roadway and usf. There in bad shape now.

10. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    Boy do they have you guys fooled about Conway. Conway was formed by CFI as a non-union division and they just put CFI out of work, just like SAIA is Yellow's non-union div.

11. BlueNosedBstd

BlueNosedBstd Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2008
    New York State
    I been sayin for the last 10 years already that UPS would in fact make a move to buy out Conway. I know some folks from both companies so maybe I'll drop a few calls to see what they are saying bout this. Makes perfect sence for both sides here actually.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.