UPSF Quarterly report:

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Russian Rabbit, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    i figured it's a good time to do a quarterly report. i still don't want to post here regularly cause i think it's a waste of time and i'm really not getting anything out of it.

i will, however, try to answer any decent questions.

[​IMG]

YTD is Lame AF as usual. i ran linehaul this week even though i'm city p+D. The way it works at my terminal is that extraboard city fills in for linehaul when needed. This is usually not that frequent though.

2) Customer service (especially to residentials) is still not good, at least at my terminal, but i suspect at others too. For example, we'll make an appointment----but never show up----SEVERAL TIMES! You can understand why a residential customer MIGHT get a little pissed off.

What i do now, is to treat a residential just as any other stop----even though my supervisors want me to save these for the last stops of the day. But, really, getting a pallet off is getting a pallet off to me. Delivering a stop is delivering a stop.

3) The city p+d has stabilized here. i am getting 8.5-9.5 hrs a day and that's ok by me. You don't get burnt out this way.

Any other questions, i will try to answer them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    I don't think I'd call your YTD "lame AF". Your weekly average gross on 44 weeks of work (assuming that your pay year began on 12/29/2019) is $1814.79 which equates to $94369 on a 52 pay period year. Mathematically, if you had worked 55 hours every week on straight time only (which I know isn't the case because of O/T and your mix with linehaul), you pulled $33/hr.

4. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    That's where I am at with ABF. Worked 45 hours and 10 minutes last week. $2000 gross, 45 dollars an hour.

5. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    Keep posting, I like reading your posts. Might open minds for people doing otr and not line haul.

McUzi Thanks this.
  6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Me thinks he doth protest too much.
    Which is another way of saying that you're bragging.
    But well done nevertheless.

7. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    He used to do it every week and insist everyone else did the same. This is much more reasonable and I like seeing how the competition pays overall.

Texas_hwy_287, McUzi and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  8. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    what's your opinion on oak harbor freight lines, they are west coast.

9. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Give me a few days to respond, need to do research on them as i have never heard of them.

10. HiramKingWilliams

HiramKingWilliams Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    This is really, really good. You have great line run or is this city? We share a building with ABF and their portion is very small but the drivers always seem happy.

kidz bop and Old_n_gray Thank this.
  11. HiramKingWilliams

HiramKingWilliams Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    They are pretty big where I’m at. Most of their drivers seem happy. I think their pay is a little lower though, but I could be wrong.

kidz bop Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.