US Cold Storage - Dallas, TX (N ####rell Hill Rd)

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by trucker anon, Mar 1, 2018.

1. trucker anon

trucker anon Bobtail Member

May 26, 2014
    Has any one been here before? I'm really close to them and don't deliver to until tomorrow afternoon. I'm really tempted to just show up early tomorrow morning but I have a feeling I'll end up having to wait anyways and with Dallas being so busy the staging/parking area might be full. Just looking for feedback from anyone who has been to this location before. Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Why don't you just call their receiving dept and ask them?

FullMetalJacket and Puppage Thank this.
  4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I think they won't let you inside until within 2 hours of appt. Getting a hold of the guard shack to get an answer is often easier said than done.

REEFERman450 Thanks this.
  5. Bluee

Bluee Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Was there 10 days or so ago...show early and you shouldnt be there long..show up late well bring food coffie etc cause you could be there a while...not a bad place to load just if ya can go in early btw the do have overnite parking if your pu a load

6. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    When early, a simple phone call can work wonders sometimes..... eh? :biggrin_25525:

Can't always count on it, but what do you have to lose?

Worst case scenario...... they say no. Then, still same situation, but now you KNOW. Nothing gambled, nothing lost. But, you never know till you try..... Works out for me a fair amount of the time.

Communication is key. I give them a heads up as early as possible when I know I am going to be more than 24hrs early, just as a courtesy.

Sometimes something they really need immediately, sometimes they'll try to work you in, other times no budge at all.

But, you'll never know the options without that COMMUNICATION. (And, sweet talkin'... of course! LOL).

Figure if it only works out even 20-25% of the time...... I'm way ahead of the game. In my experience, I do better than that percentage.

Take the initiative on your own. Just be polite. All they can tell you is NO. Big deal! Gonna hurt your feelings? LOL Worst case, you are where you would have been if you DID nothing ......LOL

2....3....4.... or? Extra loads per month? Never been one to look a gift horse in the mouth, if all it takes is a little communication & very little effort on my part.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  7. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Wont let you in more than 2 hrs before appointment time and they take forever to unload you usually. I have sat in their dock for 5+ hrs on more than one occasion

8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    For daytime appointments (especially afternoons) they're hit and miss for speedy processing but night time appointments are usually in/out pretty quick. About a year ago I called in wanting to come in about 16:00 for a 22:00 pickup appointment and they said no.

9. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I would show up way early and try to check in. If turned away, just go back over the interstate overpass to Walmart and wait over there til about 2 hours prior to appt time and return.

10. REEFERman450

REEFERman450 Light Load Member

May 3, 2016
    Load here a lot.... Red poll in the center Reserved for FFE or Kllm drivers.. Lol

No more than 2hrs before your appt time.

11. Itemspec

Itemspec Bobtail Member

May 19, 2018
    This is one of the worst companies
    To get loaded with. IF A BROKER SAYS
    WE ARE LOADING WITH US COLD, I WILL PASS ON THE LOAD-

ReeferRick Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.