US Xpress $5K - $8K Sign On Bonus

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by MzBigTruckz, May 9, 2016.

1. MzBigTruckz

MzBigTruckz Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2016
    What is up with this company ... OMG. .. Im fresh out of trucking school ... I chose to start a trucking career with US Xpress. ... I was offered a sign on bonus of $8,000 with Hazmat and $5,000 without Hazmat. ...
    Now that I have upgraded and seated in a truck ... I'm made aware that I will not be getting any bonus due to I don't qualify.
    HOW CAN I NOT QUALIFY FOR A BONUS???
    Has anyone had to go through this BS with this company?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Big bonuses like that are typically for teams...

Or you got the bait and switch, got anything in writing?

4. MzBigTruckz

Apr 7, 2016
    I'm actually placed with a person that has been with the company (for a while). I'm in team status. My new partner states they received their bonus when they started. Spoke to payroll. .. payroll stated to speak with HR... spoke with HR... HR states to speak with my recruiter. .. spoke with my recruiter. .. my recruiter states being that I have Hazmat and the person they place me on the team with doesn't have HAZMAT. .. I no longer qualify for the $8K (team split) ... I qualify for the $5K (team split) ... OK ... whatever no problem. ..
    On paper it states I will see the 1st payout from the bonus after my 1st load...
    My recruiter states ... I will not see the 1st payout until after 6 months being that I live in Florida..
    WHAT PART OF THE GAME IS THIS ... none of this was ever mentioned until after the fact ...

5. 207nomad

207nomad Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2015
    Welcome to trucking, trucking recruiters and the "megas"

6. MzBigTruckz

Apr 7, 2016
    :banghead:

7. 207nomad

207nomad Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2015
    It is more than frustrating to deal with, but I can promise you that it does get better, and 99.99% of all drivers have been hosed by recruiters, or trucking companies in general. This is a tough industry to survive in, but stay focused, be positive and once you have your year in, many other doors will open up. Hang in there, we've all been there before.

Canned Spam and MzBigTruckz Thank this.
  8. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    I'm surprised someone said you would get it right away. Normally a sign on bonus is paid in chunks over a period of time. If they paid right away everyone would sign on then take the money and run.

9. MzBigTruckz

Apr 7, 2016
    Thanks for the positive feed back ... I was kinda losing it .... I'll keep calm and pray for better days. .. Enjoy your day

10. MzBigTruckz

Apr 7, 2016
    Wasn't stated I would get the WHOLE amount immediately. ... it was stated I would get the 1st payout ($500) after my 1st load ... and a certain amount 30, 90, 120 days (etc.) later ...

11. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    So why are you still employed there?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.