USA Freight Inc - Not all Chicago carriers are crap

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnPres, Jul 19, 2018.

1. JohnPres

JohnPres Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2018
    When George from USA Freight Inc approached me I was skeptical to say the least. I thought it was another fly by night Chicago carrier out to make money on me any way they can and dump me the moment I ask for some fairness. Boy was I wrong. The reason I entertained is because he said he would not have me come down before I filled out an official application, and he said he cant run my info without me doing so because its against the law. He made me feel like I have dealt with shady people for too long and got used to it.

After some back and forth I said screw it and fulled out the application. George Called me the next day and stressed that he only wants to work with me if I can follow all the rules and regulations, and if I can do that he would forget about my speeding from 2005.

It has been 6 month since that conversation, and I plan on staying here as long as I can. They started me at a great per mile pay for OTR. I drive no touch dry van freight and stay in the mid west and south east. Sometimes I go to California but they never make me go to the North East. They asked once because they had a good paying load and gave me an extra 150 for going. That was the only time. Pay is on time and dispatchers are polite and prompt. Management is pretty hands off and they do not mess with you unless you start messing up with the e log. I have seen them fire more people then ones who leave on their own. Basically if you run and keep your nose clean you are good if not then you are gone. At six months I got a substantial mileage raise. I have worked for so many shady people that I forgot what its like to have a good place to call home.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    What are the qualifications for drivers?
    Do they hire new cdl grads?

4. JohnPres

JohnPres Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2018
    When I got hired in the requirements were 2 years, clean MVR/ minimum violations. They have a couple kids with about a year of experience but I do not know about fresh out of school. They have a hard core insurance policy or something.... they gave me crap about one old speeding ticket.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.