Usa truck a joke......stayaway

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by retribution, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Hey, and can you believe there was a guy really named Thomas Crapper? He was the inventer of the toilet! No really, look him up. It must be really s****y to have a name like that. At least now if we all loose our job's we won't feel completely bad as it all goes down the "crapper" and be glad that wasn't our last name! :D

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.

Na, for sure not your EGR (exhaust gas recirculation). The EGR is part of the turbo system which sit coupled in line right behind the turbo. Nothing to do with water.

4. aaron.deshane

aaron.deshane Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2008
    Rockford, Illinois
    Stay away got hired as an experience otr everything sounded good . Was i wrong I went from grossing 1200 a week before taxes at a different company now i'm lucky to see 550 after taxes . They stick us in the NE for weeks at a time doing small 200-300 mile loads screaming at us why we cant get two of there delivered a day . The inexperienced drivers get 3000 miles a week easy and nice new equipment wow nice way to treat the guy who has to save there butts when the inexperienced guys screw up . Cant ever get home on time . They only got me maybe 4 more weeks so i can get my six months after my cfi jackknife . I could go on and on but i hate typing

5. country29

country29 Medium Load Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Arkansas
    well, yea it could be, considering the egr and egr cooler is right behind the turbo and it has water cooling it internally, and are known for internal coolant leaks, on the cummins engines. just my .02

6. telcobilly

telcobilly Medium Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Laying Low
    Well, I have been at my new co for almost two weeks now and really like the kicked back atmosphere vs the the mega carrier mentality. Seeing as I'm already on a truck, I can spill the beans. I'm with Bhandal Brothers Trucking out of Hollister CA (formerly Watsonville). Google them and check it out. They have about 130 drivers, run the Western 11, no QC and loose leaf logs.
    I lucked into a 2004 KW 900, 13 spd. I saw 81mph on almost flat ground in Utah yesterday, a far cry from the 60mph trucks of USA. I haven't had a run of less than a 1000 miles yet. My buddy that got bounced form USA, (blood sugar too high) has been there over 2 mo and is very happy. I started at 35 cpm and will get a bump after 90 days if things are going well.
    Check 'em out!

7. aaron.deshane

aaron.deshane Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2008
    Rockford, Illinois
    So back for more home time 3 days late. Stayed out five weeks this trip couldnt even afford to come home really . So hear comes more bashing . Had a fleet manager call me in the NE yelling and cursing at me cause i was late for the shipper took six hours to load me had to stop an take a 10 hour . Ummm you guys considering usa hope you enjoy someone talking down to you . Mine doesnt but hell he's a green horn so he doesnt know much yet :biggrin_25524: . I used to be trainer we used to go West coast east and bck and forth . These trainers at USA they do little loads under 300 miles with a student . I've talked to alot of other experienced drivers at USA we're all fixing to walk away . whats gonna happen then when inexperienced drivers roll two campbell loads in a week again and we aint there to cover there arses . Even the guys who have been there yrs aint happy . All you inexperienced drivers enjoy your new trucks i'll be passing you in my rough looking 9400 . I pull a hill with 40000 in the box at 55 easy up hill

8. LivingOverTheRoad

LivingOverTheRoad Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2010
    In A Truck, USA
    Listen to this driver - he speaks the truth! In all my years of trucking, next to Swift, this company has to be one of the biggest jokes out there. I'm on my last days here - just trying to get back to turn their truck back in to them - already have another job. I've been with USA Truck since January, and have had to threaten to quit to get loads over 150 miles or so. Picked up a load last Friday, that did.t deliver til Tuesday (because of the holiday) only to find that not for the first time, the load had no delivery appointment. After sitting for hours (to get 'worked in') got next load assignment - deadhead 60 miles, to pick up a load that goes 160 miles, that doesn't deliver until Wednesday morning at 9:30 AM. My fleet manager? Only way to get him to answer the phone is to call he main office - if he sees you are calling, he'll ignore the call. Qualcomm? Won't answer that half the time, either, and when asked questions regarding load assignment and such, will respond with "NO IDEA" and leave it at that. Called safety director over bad tires on truck, and his response was well, you'll just have to compensate for that by adjusting the way you drive. no kidding - his words. Avoid this company like the plague!

9. LivingOverTheRoad

Jun 2, 2010
    In A Truck, USA
    Okay, listen, folks. With most companies, the 'trainers' are only that because of the extra pay. Most can barely hold a steering wheel themselves. Now, there ARE a FEW good ones, who ARE in it for the RIGHT reasons, but they're few and far between. But by and large, most of them have NO business being behind the wheel, let alone trying to 'train' anyone.

10. LivingOverTheRoad

Jun 2, 2010
    In A Truck, USA
    Many of the drivers who work for outfits like Swift and such are there for a reason - usually, because the CAN'T go to work for anyone better, due to tickets, accidents, etc.

11. LivingOverTheRoad

Jun 2, 2010
    In A Truck, USA
    Either a recruiter / office worker, or someone who had better pray the don't get stopped for a random drug test....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.