Usa truck a joke......stayaway

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by retribution, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Its setting up for USA to be the next Arrow trucking. Sad, but the signs are all there. Better keep your 'Get Home' fund handy. There has been talk of several companies looking at buying USA, but I think its past that and is spiraling down.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigShrek72

BigShrek72 Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2010
    I drove for USA once several years ago, probably 1995. They were pretty horrible. I spent 3 days, unpaid, in Oswego, NY. They did not have Qualcomms, and I was told "call back in an hour" every time I called. It was a weekend, so I am pretty sure no real effort was made to find work for me.

I was kept on the road 4 weeks at a time, and even if I asked to just go by the house, not even to go home, they would send me the other direction. So it did not take me long to figure out they were not a company I wanted to work with.

retribution Thanks this.
  4. telcobilly

telcobilly Medium Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Laying Low
    You too speak the truth sir, what you describe below was exactly my experience at this carrier. Thank goodness I'm at a good co now and I only had to deal with USA for 2.5 months. I'm grateful to them due to having met a driver there that got me with my current co. So grateful that I just got one of their drivers over to my co this week. :biggrin_25522:

retribution Thanks this.
  5. aaron.deshane

aaron.deshane Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2008
    Rockford, Illinois
    I agree been saying they gonna be like arrow since i started in january
    I almost thought that happened saturday i'm broke down in indy got my beast of a 9400i at the dealer well they dont have a cummins mechanic
    at the dealer on saturdays called operations to get a room till monday called 4 times stayed on hold each time 30 minutes . that scared me cause i felt stranded but i do agree i'm gonna get a prepaid debit card put 250 on it just in case . this company dont own #### but there terminals so it would be easy for them to park us and walk away so we need to watch our backs

retribution Thanks this.
  6. shifty123

shifty123 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Salisbury, Ma
    Ive been driving since the late 1990s and US trucking co was a terrible one to work for back then and it still is a bad one to work for today. Even JB Hunt has made some headway in the way it treats their drivers.

retribution Thanks this.
  7. nlb75

nlb75 Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2010
    gulfport ms
    i as will was a trainer at usa truck but resently got my own truck i leased it on with them they show u more respect as an o/o u get more miles im getting 3000+ every week i have 3 former students that r o/o as will their all doing well so all u students out there with usa if can hang in for 6 months u can become an o/o but dont lease one of their old trucks junk

8. Landrumphilip

Landrumphilip Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2011
    I too am a Trainer for USA ... I have been here for 8yr.. I have never had a problem like you guys are posting. When you first start with them it can be a rocky start but once you prove to the fleet manager that you will do everything in your power to get that load there on time .. they will take care of those drivers before they help the ones you see in the terminal sitting back watching TV and bi#*him how they don't get no miles. I personally recommend this company highly. Hope this helps ...T432

9. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    You resurected an old thread with your one and only post singing the praises of USA truck. There are like 4 of you now spouting here how great USA is, yet the FACTS continue to show there are major problems at USA. Good luck.

retribution Thanks this.
  10. pilottravel2002

pilottravel2002 Medium Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Tucson,az
    U maybe right,attitude is the key world.:biggrin_25523:

11. telcobilly

telcobilly Medium Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Laying Low
    Didn't Celadon just acquire them?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.