USA Truck, Inc. - Van Buren, Ar.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by mykel58, Aug 22, 2006.

1. NewDude

NewDude Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2006
    St. Louis
    Good luck. I start CDL training on Monday, and then begin training with USA Truck. Hopefully, I will be in your shoes in a couple of months. Please write back or write me directly and let me know what you think of USA Truck once you get out there on the road.

--Oz

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hardrock

Hardrock Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Arkansas
    wonder why you have to go all the way to Van Buren since they have that terminal right there in West Memphis?

4. littlebit

littlebit Light Load Member

May 27, 2006
    They only do orientation in Van Buren and Dayton Oh. Make sure you take lots of mosquito repelant. That terminal sits right beside a rice field.

5. BamaMan

BamaMan Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Alabama
    I am looking for an economical way to get into the trucking career. I have took Turbotruckers advice on schneider. But if for some reason I don't get a call from them would USA truck be a good alternative? Does any one know how they treat new drivers?

I was actually looking at swift before I found this site and now they are out of the question. lol

But any info would be greatly appriated.

6. good

good Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2006
    ohio
    sorry theyle treat you bad too, trust me I know:sunny:

7. littlebit

littlebit Light Load Member

May 27, 2006
    I worked for USA for a little over three years. They are a typical training company. They do pay a little more than Schnider. The thing with them is they are a little picky about the students they bring in. These are a few of the things you need to consider before choosing them.
    1) If there is anything on you criminal record that would prevent you from going to Canada they will not hire you.
    2) If there are any gaps in your employment they will not hire you.
    3) If you have more than three accident of tickets combined they will not hire you.
    4) If you go to orientation and they do not like your attitude they will send you home. (I watched this happen alot)
    5) If you are overweight they will send you home. The reason for this one is because they are self insured and they are trying to keep health care costs down.

8. Glock27guy

Glock27guy Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2006
    I just signed with Schneider and from what I see so far this is a great company I already had a problem at home with my wife going into the hospital while out on the road and they rented me a car and got me home! That was while I was out with my TE too.

9. Carolina Razorback

Carolina Razorback Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2006
    Round O, SC
    That is impressive, to say the least. Maybe they have seen the light. Thanks for the post.

10. MAGNOLIA

MAGNOLIA Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2006
    What ever you do DO NOT GO WITH NAVAJO!

11. paulcnc44

paulcnc44 Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2006
    hi,
    I just joined this forum, and I just recently joined usa truck. I was hoping to find some feedback on my new company, experiences or hearsay or general perception, but it seems no one has heard of usa truck in here. maybe this company is smaller than I thought it was. If anyone has any opinion at all, Id love to hear them. Im trying to get a global view of this company I've joined, as Im married to them for the next 6 months. thanks.
    paul

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.