USA Truck Incident in Atlanta

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by jchisom, May 25, 2013.

1. jtannillo

jtannillo Medium Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Look at the picture I posted a few responses down. This may have been a legal spot for a u turn but when you look at the position of his trailer tires its clear where he started the turn from. His trailer tires are in the lane of travel. To be legal he has to be making/attempting this uturn from the turn lane. Its the fact that he started the uturn from the lane of travel that makes it illegal. I remember years ago in my personal vehicle getting pulled over for making a left turn from a lane of travel. Just got a warning but still.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    i cannot recall the last time i EVER made a uturn from the left lane, except if it was on a two lane road (no left lane)

is making a uturn that hard for some folks? seems like the folks that dont understand how to make a uturn are the ones blaming the truck for making the uturn

problem. usa should have been more cautious in his execution, but there is nothing illegal about making a uturn (you cant make a uturn from the left lane)

and it seems, even if he was cautious, the shuttle bus didnt see him in the middle of the road until it was too late and he skidded into the truck

it may be that usa was completely right, even cautious, but the shuttle bus was amiss in looking ahead (probably racing a bunch of suits to the airport)

MUSTANGGT Thanks this.
  4. jtannillo

Jul 21, 2012
    You choose to stay hung up on a point nobody on this thread is making. No one ever said it is illegal to make a uturn. NO ONE EVER SAID IT IS ILLEGAL TO MAKE A U TURN. THE USA DRIVER EXECUTED THIS UTURN IN AN ILLEGAL MANNER. Look up your laws and ask law enforcement. Ask if its legal to make a u turn from the lane of travel if a turn lane is provided.

5. jtannillo

Jul 21, 2012
  6. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Regardless if it was legal, USA would fire him for it. He was screwed the second he turned that wheel.

ethos Thanks this.
  7. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    Boy, so the police said it its got to be true right? If that's the case why do we need a court system?

As far as starting off the turn from a travel lane, please look it up and let us know where you found that written. I've never seen it nor heard of that before, if you've gotten a warning that was because the cop didn't want to chance going to court on a made up ticket.

8. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    Yeah right....

9. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    which lane is NOT a lane of travel?

10. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Your so informative

11. Klatu

Klatu Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Argyle, TX
    "Exactly" Debate over nothing. USA is at fault because it is there truck. It is always truck drivers fault. Driver will be fired.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.