USA truck strikes again

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by windbag, Sep 12, 2017.

1. windbag

windbag Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Illinois
    Want miles? Planning will make sure you don't get them here if you don't have golden kneepads. In a time of driver shortage, even if the market was soft, should not prevent a company from finding freight unless the company keeps too many drivers on payroll. 1500 miles per week averaged over a 3 month span, I would not recommend USA truck to even cdl school graduates.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Well...1500 miles per week is good as long as your getting 70-75 cents per mile

4. Maj. Jackhole

Maj. Jackhole Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2017
    Hazard a guess. Your attitude probably played into how much work you did or didn't recieve.

firemedic2816, Kyle G. and buddyd157 Thank this.
  5. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    USA is a fine company and a pillar in the community of nw ARKANSAS!!!!

Western flyer and buddyd157 Thank this.
  6. Coolbreezin

Coolbreezin Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Florida
    I enjoyed my 14 months there. I had an awesome relationship with my dispatcher. It was still an OTR job and I did spend Christmas Day in my truck 1,200 miles from my family, but that is part of paying your dues to the industry. To each their own though. Hope you find yr place in this field.

CrappieJunkie, G13Tomcat and Puppage Thank this.
  7. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    I had an awful experience with USA. I was to pick up a load at the abs yard in buffalo N.Y.. it was a Wednesday afternoon before thanksgiving and a blizzard was imminent. Everyone had left the yard but one guy. I drove around back to pick up my trailer planning to high tail it out of there in front of that blizzard. When I got to the gate it was locked and all were gone for the weekend. Dispatch advised via qualcomm they knew of no way to contact anyone to let me out. I called then, desperate to get an answer. the dispatcher yelled at me to not call use qualcomm he was too busy to talk. After several fruitless qualcomm messages and 2 hrs I typed.."I am driving a diesel powered vehicle that is loaded and weighs 80k. I CAN get out of this yard." He typed back "Break anything and you WILL be fined. Enjoy your thanksgiving weekend"
    I did finally get out when by a stroke of luck someone pulled in and I slipped through the open gate. But not in time to miss the blizzard. I stayed in a nearby truckstop all four days. No one checked on me and no one ever asked how I got out.
    I'm a glutton for punishment. I drove for them another month until my truck broke down in Tulsa (I was out of AZ at the time) and time for repair estimated 2 weeks! They told me "tough it out and no we won't reimburse motel costs." Their truck was in the shop when I cleaned it out and caught my own ride home.

8. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Yeah , you should've been a good little trucker boy and just maybe you would get an extra pat on the buttocks if you bent over & flipped your skirt up high enough for them
    Right? ....

Don't sweat it tho, USA TRUCKS will never be a good investment for ANY DRIVER EVER! !!!!
    you did yourself a big favor by getting away from those people

Canned Spam, Western flyer and jsnell Thank this.
  9. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    I can't believe stuff like this still happens............this stuff happened in the 80's and early 90's

"Tough it out" Huh?

Canned Spam and Western flyer Thank this.
  10. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
  11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    You had to be let OUT of the yard???

What kind of crap is that?

not4hire, buddyd157 and stayinback Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.