USA Truck

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by cominghomesc, Aug 6, 2012.

1. cominghomesc

cominghomesc Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2010
    sc
    Had some room on a truck and found a partial (2 pallets) to put on the back going the same direction thru a USA Truck agent. I was listed as a partial and booked as partial. My driver arrived at the shipper and gave the pick up number and backed into the dock after that it went south. They would not load my driver because they had hired out a truck to move the freight as exclusive use and it was time sensitive freight. I called them and told them it was going to come off this afternoon because the driver was going right past the consignee they still said no. Called the broker to get TONU obviously his fault his exact words were "I cannot pay you the truck ordered not used because you were supposed to load my freight first and then load anything else afterwards." I did call their corporate office and they are going to investigate it and said they will give me something and take it out of his settlement.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoyWander

BoyWander Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
    LMAO If you loaded his freight first, then it would have to come off last, is this guy a complete idiot?

What kind of rate did you get on these 2 pallets, and how many miles?? Curious to know.

4. sjmay

sjmay Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    That wasnt the point the broker was trying to make, what he was saying is, if you load his freight first, then the shipper wont know its non-exclusive like he paid the broker for, and the broker could sell it as a regular LTL and keep more of the green stuff.

5. cominghomesc

Apr 20, 2010
    sc
    The shipper did not know he was moving it as a partial. $300.00 on 146 miles he was getting $800.00 according to what the shipper told me.

6. HDFatboy

HDFatboy Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    PA
    They need to do something about that agent. Wonder how many other times he done it and got away with it?

7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    He was trying to move a 2 pallet load for a cheap partial rate. Customer probably needed to get the pallets moved asap and this joker was trying to make big bucks off of the situation instead of taking care of the customer like he should have.

8. cominghomesc

Apr 20, 2010
    sc
    Well corporate called me back and will be giving a $200.00 TONU and offered apologies. Which is very commedable for them to do.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.