USA Truck

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by oech12, Oct 30, 2013.

1. DGStrong71

DGStrong71 Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    As far as I can tell Night only offers regional and part time opportunities. That might work for some but not everyone. I personally have decided not to give them any concideration at all. In the event that Night does happen to become successful in buying out USA I plan to give my 2 week notice the very day it's announced regardless if I have another job lined up or not. I'm not saying that Night is a bad company or anything, I just don't think they would work for me. I've never been totally happy with the length of haul and type of loads I get at USA and really can't see anything better coming from Night since they are a regional carrier.

Bayou_baby Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    I think he's looking for a real driving job. Not full time hours with part time pay. According to the Knight forum that's what they get there. It no wonder why so many of their drivers have quit and come here lately. Might be a reason why knight is so hungry to buy us out too.

Bayou_baby Thanks this.
  4. Bayou_baby

Bayou_baby Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Dover, OH
    I have been With USA TRUCK since august 20th this year, and been broke down 8 times in one month and the pay really is low for me. not saying you can't make money you just can't make a lot. coming off of a yearly average of $140,000 to $165,000 per yr,,this is a massive bite in the rear. but doing not so good since I left the old ways behind. I am taking a humbling approach to life now. I was in my truck when the word of knight's offer came over the QUALCOMM. and the rejection response from john simon to the offer. but only bad checks I have had was when trk was brokedown and when I went home for 4 days then came back and truck had to go back into shop for 3 days just recently. so if anyone has anymore news that USA is not sharing please let me know? thank you all.

5. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    I can never unserstand why someone would leave a job making that kind of money and become a company driver. But you did so you must have your reasons...
    One of the things I emphasize to my students is that you go over your truck with a fine tooth comb before you accept your first load assignment with it. You get everything fixed before you go out. Make sure you take it for a good check ride. If they don't want to fix it then get another truck. But once you accept your first load, then its going to be difficult to get everything fixed and still make decent money.

Bayou_baby Thanks this.
  6. Bayou_baby

Bayou_baby Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Dover, OH
    problem with usa truck is that no matter how many times you write it out, send in a letter to the right person, how many time you post it on the QUALCOMM or how many times you complain about it. you will not be seen in shop until your truck wont move or pull a load. yes I had a reason. my husband is disabled by one of his own students running him over. so out of work,truck I had gone. and money tight. he can't work...so roles reversed. but yes I did do a complete fine tooth come check inside and out of truck. the problems started after I had been in this truck for 2 weeks. now all is well and looking forward to rolling again.
    thank you though...you do have a valid point on making sure everything checksout. but like I tell the new students coming out now...its all about how you handle yourself and how you maintain your equipment, that's the determining factor on what you could make out here. well that's a 50/50 yes or no on last sentence.

Reycer and J_FROG Thank this.
  7. Klatu

Klatu Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Argyle, TX
    I agree. Mine had to be towed twice in PA, twice in TX. I had to tell the stupid dispatcher "Truck Won't go Vroom, Vroom". Then they decided to send dragon wagon.

8. DGStrong71

DGStrong71 Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    I've never had an issue getting my truck into the shop. Whenever I have a problem and I know I have a terminal in route I send the FM a message and he gets it authorizes before I get there. The problems I have is more with the shops not taking care of the problem once its in for repair. I've found that unless you can specifically point out the cause of a problem its pretty much a waste of time putting it in the shop in the first place. I'll usually ride out a problem until I can better identify the cause myself before taking to the shop. Also, I've only had to be towed once and that was after my truck hit 520,000 miles and the clutch finally went out. I've been fortunate to have been assigned all new trucks so I haven't had too many problems.

J_FROG Thanks this.
  9. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    Yoe are right DG. If you don't take the time to tell them exactly what to fix, then it usually doesn't get done. But my bigger question is why does USA or any other company continue to put up with the poor quality trucks in the first place.

10. Sonicboom54

Sonicboom54 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2013
    My experience has been positive. I get home every two weeks with no issue and my miles are good. I have heard many bad complaints from other drivers but for me I have no issues.

Thomas0810 and J_FROG Thank this.
  11. fool4jesus

fool4jesus Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Hinton, OK.
    I waited 5 days at Knights in "Orintation"in Dallas. 3 of us just sitting chating. The last day I wanted to make shure on one thing, do I take the load home. I got a big NO. I asked why you didn't tell that on Monday. He told us that most people don't mind driving 200 miles to go home in their car. I spilled my coffee on his notebook and 2 of us walked out. Buttholes.

that

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.