Using APP Tech to Book Loads?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by GetFr8, Oct 22, 2019.

1. GetFr8

GetFr8 Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2019
    As technologies grows so fast in the market are the small and large box owner operators leaning more towards using App services to book local, regional or long haul freight? And what are the pros and cons you have found using the ones currently available? - Thanks, Get Fr8, SR....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I use the DAT loadboard mainly because it’s the largest and most legit. There is the Truckstop loadboard, but I haven’t used it. Then there is the many load boards that many large brokerage companies have like JB Hunt. I personally don’t think there’s much of a need for load boards. We already have plenty.

4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I'd think a board that eliminated brokers by having direct shippers would be wanted.

PE_T Thanks this.
  5. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    DAT and ITS need to get with the times. They're being left behind by some of these mega brokers.

TallJoe and PE_T Thank this.
  6. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    This app automation has its drawbacks.
    They want, like credit cards, to outsource jobs overseas and it is so freaking annoying to talk someone from over there about real issues. CH, Coyote, JB Hunt still assign a real U.S. based person who knows concrete answers to concrete questions and I hope they'll keep it that way.
    I tell you, the longer I am on this spot market, the more I want the traditional ways...you call Joe and he will not escalate the issue but will give you what you want.

Summarizing, situations in this type of business cannot be ever resolved fully by apps and a person with authority to make decisions promptly is a must, not some dude yawning in Bangladesh.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    rollin coal and Dino soar Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.