Using KeepTruckin ELD? Are your IFTA reports accurate? Ours are always wrong

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by GarrittLogistics, Jan 15, 2019.

1. GarrittLogistics

GarrittLogistics Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2019
    We use KeepTrucking ELD and IFTA reports always inaccurate. Anyone else having this problems?

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I use it too and I assume that every mile is accounted for. As a matter of fact, I rely 100% on its accuracy because I will not count every mile stick I drive by.

4. xiipercent

xiipercent Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2007
    It's an interesting point. If the law requires us to use and pay a vendor for ELD services, and the Data is wrong, who becomes responsible?

wait, wait....I know the answer

KB3MMX and SteerTire Thank this.
  5. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I've seen nothing out of ordinary. There are odometer readings and there are coordinates updated every freaken minute. Swiss clocks could be wrong too and so could be Pennsylvania with the number of their mile sticks. A simple truck owner has to rely on what he's made to pay for.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  6. Always have kept a note book and logged my mileage. Border crossing or scale houses.

It's a hard copy you can keep. Just like log sheets. Digital is great but having a hard copy helps as a backup.

KB3MMX, PE_T and singlescrewshaker Thank this.
  7. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    There’s nothing in the eld mandate that requires anyone to pay for extra services offered by an eld company.

KB3MMX, PE_T and xiipercent Thank this.
  8. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    No but are you seriously gonna count every single mile marker and write down your odometer when crossing state lines... I'm not..

TallJoe Thanks this.
  9. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    It can also be argued if odometers are more accurate than the GPS readings. For instance, changing tires to low pros could make a difference. We are talking about marginal staff here anyway. I don't know what the OPs problem was but I save a lot of time and headache with ELD
    (Keep Truckin) generated trip reports and quarterly summaries of what mileages in what states I traveled through and gallons of fuel purchased there. The only thing I have to enter there manually is the fuel purchases but that's easy.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  10. Long FLD

Mar 4, 2015
    No, but I’m only paying KT $240 a year and writing my odometer down at the state line and figuring IFTA miles myself instead of paying KT $360 a year and worrying about accuracy.

PE_T, singlescrewshaker and xiipercent Thank this.
  11. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Your a better man than me

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  12. Long FLD

Mar 4, 2015
    I’m just cheap. Lol.

KB3MMX and adayrider Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.