using prepass and drivewyze at same time?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Northeasterner, Feb 16, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas

That's silly. Dueling Banjoes, er dueling computers.

I would toss the noisest most demanding of the two and go with the quieter one, prepass or whatever the hell it is. All I want to see in the Toll area at 5 mph is yer paid, gtfo.

Or I can just stick a 20 dollar bill and stop to see them make change. Im not in a hurry. ELD says I have to stop in 4 hours for parking anyway, so somewhere in Connecticut there is parking to be found. I have 4 hours to find it in a state that is only about 45 minutes wide and 3 hours long.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    PrePass has nothing to do with tolls.
    Neither does DriveWyze as far as I know.

They are for weigh stations.

flood and PE_T Thank this.
  4. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Use both of them, and follow the green. If they ever stop you, you may have to pick one to follow. PrePass has been in the game much longer, and should have a broader coverage. Drivewyze is too new, but may end up catching up to PrePass quickly as they are now the primary provider of Omnitracs/Qualcomm, which is the most popular ELD device by fleets.

The coverage that Drivewyze may not have are NORPass coverage and the states of NC and OR.

flood Thanks this.
  5. Nneuromancer

Nneuromancer Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2022
    Can someone give a current update to this question? when it was asked it seemed that Prepass had more coverage at the time. now it seems that Drivewyze has more coverage. someone stated to make sure that both work with the same box, but I didn't understand the answer, but they where also talking about HazMat and that might be why. with PrePass, they 100% Red me at the Ag stops in FL (and No I'm not trying to get out of it, but it would be nice, just looking for more coverage), and that is annoying but when I get out to other states I Normally get a green light, but I have no lights (Rad or Green) in NM, NV, and few other state. This could be because I am a non-CDL Hotshot, but I make sure I am complaint in every aspect.

6. expedite_it

expedite_it Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2012
    You follow whichever one gives you a bypass. If either one gives you a bypass, you can bypass the weigh station. The only way you have to enter the weight station is if the weight station is open and neither prepass nor drivewyze gives you a bypass.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  7. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Correct.

Drivewyze has clearances that prepass sometimes doesn't, and visa-versa.
    If you have a green on either you are good to go.

I used to have both.
    Then we went to the Zonar system, and they have yet to get the Drivewyze back up and running with it.

8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    NV always gave me red. And they were always closed. NM wasn't setup yet. When I used driveway. 7 years ago.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.