USX drivers...how's your day??

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by musicgal, Feb 19, 2011.

1. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Congratulations! Hope you continue to do well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. T.Bear

T.Bear Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Chattanooga, TN
    AND that you have an AWESOME wife who is always right!! There were definitely days were we didn't like each other but those didn't last. Honestly it is an adjustment but so worth it. I get to be with my best friend everyday. When I want to get away. I close the curtain.

4. Jeremyc

Jeremyc Light Load Member

Feb 29, 2012
    The Great Lakes
    Hey kids, where does the time go? It seems like every time I get in the habit of getting on here regularly, the next thing I know its been 2 weeks without checking in. I'll blame it on my phone this time, I get the messages sent to my phone whenever someone posts on here and I followed along most of the time we were off work in Florida, but at some point my phone quit syncing with my email. It took me until yesterday to realize that my phone had been awfully quiet. Oops.

Anyway we got back on the road about a week and a half ago and had to get our pm done on our first run (Savannah to San Bernardino). They required us to get this one done at a USX service center so we lost two days right off the bat. We had a big enough delivery window that we still delivered early though. Next a run back to Ohio, but not before losing another day in Cali due to our celery not being harvested on time, but that happens sometimes. Still made 4900+ miles for the week plus they paid us layover for the 3 days, so that's not to bad. To make it better we got another installment of our sign on bonus, $500 each and a $150 reimbursement payment for Patty's school. Suddenly a fat payday on a week we thought wasn't gonna be much. WooHoo!

Now we're on a run from Chicago to Sacramento but we are sitting at Boomtown Reno because the chain control is in effect tonight. Dispatch was super cool about it and just told us to plan on being down for the night. We were supposed to deliver at Fedex at 2330 tonight so I expected a little hassle about not chaining, but got absolutely none!

All in all, that's two more things to like about our job here at USX, we were easily paid for our down time and not chaining, no problem. Loving it!

Oh, we did have one snag recently. We knew we would be stuck in Olive Branch for two days so we were gonna just pay for the motel on our own instead of standing around there all day, but get this, our dog is allowed in our truck and at the motel, but they wouldn't let him ride in his kennel in the company van to get us to the motel. What's up with that?!? Stupidity.

5. Young_Gun

Young_Gun Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Tampa, Florida
    Stuck in Oregon! Hopefully can pu this ld before the winter storm hits.

6. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Almost done for the year. Just stopped at a rest area East of Kansas City with a delivery to Ford - North of KC in the morning. Then we are DONE until January 3rd! Ready for some awesome time off with the kids. I will, of course, be going stir crazy by the 26th and ready to hit the road. I am planning on watching a ton of football.

7. Jeremyc

Feb 29, 2012
    The Great Lakes
    Well we chilled out for a few hours the other night until the chain enforcement was lifted and then headed on down to Fedex Sacramento. Unfortunately, they took our pre-plan off of us. I don't think it was because they thought we would be late picking it up. It seems something is going on and I really need to get to the bottom of it. Just about every weekend our FM leaves us set up with loads to keep us busy before she goes home but someone always seems to screw around in our business after she leaves. I don't mean once in a while, it happens probably 3 out of 4 weekends and then we end up sitting for a day. Starting now I'm keeping track of the load numbers and if it continues I'll have to see what can be done to straighten it out.

No pre-plan in Sacramento on a Saturday morning didn't sound like it was gonna be a good thing and it wasn't, we saw 6 other USX trucks sitting around the truck stop so I suggested to dispatch that they should just relocate us to where the freight is because it definitely wasn't anywhere around there. After sitting all day that's pretty much what they ended up doing because we got a load with 435 empty miles to the Colton yard to pick up a loaded trailer that delivers 5 miles away in San Bernardino tomorrow morning. At least we got a few miles and we'll end up with an empty reefer tomorrow in hopefully a better area for the produce.

So here we sit at the Colton yard, which for those who haven't been here lately, is pretty much a truck stop these days. Sad but true. Everyone needs to be more careful around here now as one of our lady driver friends got an unwelcomed pat on the behind and some rude comment from one of the troll May Trucking drivers here a couple weeks ago. Pathetic.

8. Lynnc61

Lynnc61 Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Fixing to begin a trucking career here after New Year's with USX after working in an office setting for the last 30 years. I'm about 75 miles west of Memphis so I assume that I will be running out of the Olive Branch location most likely. I was wondering where my orientation should be located and what I can expect from that orientation. This is totally a new experience for me even though I have a relative that is a veteran truck driver that I have been out with on several runs lately. I decided on USX over Schneider and Maverick because I want to carry my dog along.

9. ATL-1

ATL-1 Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Well here we sit at Colton with no Preplan. I have never seen
    so many trucks here. Hope we get a Preplan in the morning.
    Jeremy, if your still here I'm the one in the red truck:)
    Actually the truck is nearly white with all the salt on it from the
    winter driving through the mountains. I will be in the wash line
    In the morning unless we get rolling tonight.

10. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    The do orientation at Olive Branch so I am sure that is where you are headed. Best of luck and keep us updated. There are so many USX orientation posts, just keep reading.

11. Jeremyc

Feb 29, 2012
    The Great Lakes
    True that, there's a boatload of trucks there.

We do have a preplan but not liking the fact we have to go all the way in to Compton to get it. It may be a dry load so we might be back there ditching this reefer trailer after we get unloaded. They're finally starting to make some progress so hopefully it won't be too long.

Are you still there?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.