Usxpress family Dollar account

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by 25yr.trucker, Jun 11, 2017.

1. 25yr.trucker

25yr.trucker Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2017
    It's a very bad deal.The pay is low, you have to finger print everything.The stores are unkept and in lower income neighborhoods.Payscale is too low for the job.There is an extremely high turnover.

JR214, bored silly and jethro712 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dan1968

dan1968 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Did you do any homework on them before taking the job? It's well known how bad it is

4. Jonrulerofearth

Jonrulerofearth Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Hueytown, Al
    And this is news, how? Somebody didn't do any research.......

5. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Why did @jethro712 thank this guy? Why? For the love of God, WHY?

Just simply driving by Dollar General stores in ANY neighborhood should be enough for ANYONE to say "I don't ##### think so". Not because it's a bad store (they DO have some good deals); but because one peek....just one peek can show you (anyone that has the gift of sight) that it will be a HUGE pain in your rump to get an over-the-road tractor/trailer combination in and out of their lots. No dock, small parking lots, etc... For the love of everything holy people, use your heads BEFORE jumping on something you know nothing about. Information and observation are FREE!!!

superflow and passingthru69 Thank this.
  6. jethro712

jethro712 Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2014
    geezzz, didnt mean to ruin your day. lmao

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Some guys think the regular home time is the bee's knees. And the dedicated fleet recruiters say it's a fantastic opportunity. Are we being lied to? Say it 'aint so.

The "Dollar Store" model is a slick one. They could not survive as they do if they were to operate their own delivery fleet and employee drivers. They have to get large megas on contract hook, and out of their concern or problem as to how the freight gets from the DC to inside the building. Once carriers are on the hook to provide the delivery service, nothing is off-limits when it comes to getting drivers to join the fleet. But mostly, it's simply a reliance on a never-ending supply desperate people trying to survive and care for their family, that allows this to carry on, non-stop.

Putting 70 foot rigs where 70 foot rigs should never go. Rigs that are totally trashed inside from having new meat in them every 30-60 days. Then slave labor to get the freight off the trailer and into the store with no adequate dock facilities. And Dollar General and the various contract carriers just keep on with the same crap because the US labor market is so out of balance and desperate, they don't have to change anything ... there's a sucker born every minute.

8. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Not one of them, for even one second.
    It would be different (I suppose) if site's like this didn't exist, and weren't available to people BEFORE they get screwed....but since it IS, and seems people only look for it and/or find it AFTER they get screwed---in my mind, tough toe nails. The very same "Google" search they did to stumble on this site could have been made PRIOR to getting screwed.

jethro712 Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I remember a couple years ago some guy posted that 3 of them were going on that account after graduation from cdl school. This was with Werner, but the same account. Those 3 guys said it's all about the work ethic why drivers don't stay there. He posted, the 3 of us will set the example and change the culture of Werner.
    Maybe they'll go to US Express now and change that culture also. Before long, there will be a waiting list of drivers fighting for a Dollar General route.

Getsinyourblood and jethro712 Thank this.
  10. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    One thing is for sure, going directly from McDonalds employee to Dollar General dedicated driver will either make a good driver out of them fast, or will destroy their driving career before it ever gets started. Talk about baptism by fire right out of the gate.

I'm as good as any driver out here dealing with tight quarters, but I want absolutely nothing to do with such work, day in and day out. Never mind the physical labor part of it.

Spartan0229 and Chinatown Thank this.
  11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I did a few of those that the companies that had the account couldn't cover. I worked for a reefer outfit and I think they got the loads from a broker. I'd never do that for a living full time. Dealing with the store employees was like dealing with zombies.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.