Utah Companies?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jawila, Nov 29, 2006.

1. BettyAnn

BettyAnn BANNED - Recruiting

Dec 2, 2006
    I know for a fact, that if you want a "good" company you first have to attend a "good" school at least an 8 week acredited driving school. At least that is what it takes for Crete. Which does hire from Utah even have a terminal right there in Salt Lake Cty. But the problem is you have to start somewhere and stick with it to show that you have what it takes to "be in a good company" Ask any driver out here and they will all tell you, they didn't get into perfect company the first time around. Once you learn the ropes, its easier to hang on. As much as I don't like them what about Werner, or Swift? I know they have schools and the pay is crap..but like I said you have to start somewhere and if you can manage to stick with a company "after" being trained for at least 3 months then you can try Crete Carriers. Those companies have schooling. I wish you the best of luck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lookingup

lookingup Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2006
    beemermcr does the company you work for send you everywhere or do you have set routes? How is the pay?

4. Jawila

Jawila Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Utah
    BettyAnn, your "facts" about Crete Carrier Corporation are a little "off."

Check CCC's website: CCC

5. lookingup

lookingup Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2006
    In the trucking industry do companies set a person up with same routes, do you get to choose?

6. beemermcr

beemermcr Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2006
    We are 11 Western - forced dispatch, but they dont push it - will "lean" on you to take a load, especially Fridays out of SoCal. Pay is standard - low for newbies, decent for experience.

7. rwings

rwings <strong>"Jet Force"</strong>

Sep 7, 2006
    Portales, NM
    I agree with what “TIP” said about the classified ads advice. Out of all the companies in my area there is only two that do not put adds in the news paper. I work for one of them and they constantly hear from drivers looking to work here. If a company is continually seeking drivers, it should be a big red flag.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.