UturnGirl tries again for better job

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by UturnGirl, Oct 7, 2022.

1. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Hey gang. I've bounced back and forth with you know who (don't want to tag company name in case they're watching), and have generally looked foolish twice now. This time I'm serious.
    They fired without warning my wonderful driver manager and that is my last straw. The writing is on the wall as this carrier is dependent upon maybe 2 customers. As manufacturing slows so do our miles.
    At 50 cents + 2 cents safety bonus. Miles are the only way to survive. My driver manager worked magic to get me miles and now the party is over.
    Plus I can't afford to take home time.

Those are my reasons. Now I'm going to start the hunt and this time I'm not going to make any hasty mistakes. Please help.

I have almost 20 years experience, mostly dry van. Intermodal, plus a little tanker and fuel. Clean record, great physical health.

I want at least 1500 a week, decent equipment, decent home time, pet policy if I have to be out more than 2 weeks at a time, and no Karen's micromanaging me. I physically cannot stay awake between midnight and 4am so refrigerator/grocery or anything that requires overnight shift is not doable, no matter how hard I try. I would like to stay Midwest and southern lanes but I'm open to the right opportunities.
    I promise to work hard and be polite. Can't speak for Bolt Goat...

I live in Bowie, TX about halfway between Denton and Witchita Falls.

Thank you, I will look forward to your suggestions and keep you posted.

(No to Poly, but love ya anyway)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  4. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Give Fremont Contract Carriers in Fremont NE a call. I have been with them four years and they are (quoting Runningman) "Salt of the earth people." Great Culture, there, very good equipment, competitive wage (I make 57 cpm), great maintenance crew (we have our trucks serviced/greased every 8k miles or so. Recently instituted a pet policy there. We do use fuel solutions (company drivers). It TRULY FEELS like a partnership. I get to go home When I want as long as I want. Generally, I stay out two to three weeks and go home for three to five days. Like you, I don't like running overnights (I run over the Road) so I don't except for one occasion when I went from STL to Dallas with pet food. Generally, we have good delivery windows so you don't have to stress. You would probably be in our southwest division probably getting you home every weekend! Good luck Uturngirl!

George

Bumper, Hawkeye72, Lonesome and 8 others Thank this.
  5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i wish you well in your search and the positive outcome..!!!!

6. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    Old Dominion in Dallas. $100 thousand a year. My friend made a hundred thirty running team 4 day work week.

7. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    No current driver jobs "(

8. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    Abf? $10000 dollar signing bonus

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Apply anyway.

10. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I’ve driven for J Rayl out of the Sunnyvale, Texas terminal for four years and have been fairly happy. You can work salary (I do) for $1400/week or drive for cpm (I think it’s .60, but I’ll check to confirm). Decent benefits, decent equipment, friendly and supportive management. I go out on Sunday night and am home every Friday. I initially took a job with them strictly because they had the closest terminal to my house, but was pleasantly surprised to find myself still here four years later.

JRayl Transport | Quality Freight Services and Truck Driving Jobs

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.