VA disability and getting a trucking job...

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Nerdybiker, Jun 18, 2011.

1. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I stand corrected. They are asking Joe Taxpayer for .84 cents a week for vets. I waste more than that on lottery tickets.

Every dime the gov't spends can be considered waste. It depends on the individuals thoughts. There are many benefits you get I consider waste.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. arkdave

arkdave Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Arkansas
    I dont ever remember an application asking about a vets disability rating and even if they did I certainly dont see how its their business.

4. puncher

puncher Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Tn.
    Before I get started,snake what branch of service did you serve in ? Now to respond to your comment about our contract with the goverment, they did promise the veterans benefits to us from the beginning, and we did sign a "contract" with them. I just got back from a Vietnam veterans celebration that was open to all vets, I attended with my grandson, we saw many on crutches and in wheel chairs. We looked at the map of Vietnam, pictures and displays by various groups, one of which gave my eight year old grandson a little American flag, as we were leaving my grandson was so proud of his flag, he looked at me and said I can't believe I got this flag for nothing, I explained to him it wasn't free, many,many young boys paid for it, he asked who, I said think about it and he said you mean soldiers don't you Papaw. Enough said.

ORT WIFE Thanks this.
  5. scatruck

scatruck Light Load Member

May 23, 2007
    Bonham TX
    You have a right to feel that way you do. It was given to you by all of the past, present and future men and women who have served in the military(FYI, I have been in the military for over 32 years active and reserves. with time in Iraq 06-07). I would suggest that before you make up your mind that you visit the VA center located at:

VA Outpatient Clinic
    418 Colegate Drive
    Marietta, OH 45750

Talk with the care givers, talk with the vet that are going there. If at the end of the visit you still feel that way you so, then so be it. But at least you will know what you are talking about.

Marksteven, puncher and ORT WIFE Thank this.
  6. snake021

snake021 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Marietta OH
    10 yrs Army. 12B & 18C

7. snake021

snake021 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Marietta OH
    "Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other men, but a right that belongs to us by the laws of God and nature." Ben Franklin

8. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
  9. puncher

puncher Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Tn.
    Snake, I suppose I got a little offensive to you earlier, I don't understand you, but I would like to thank you for your service.

10. scatruck

scatruck Light Load Member

May 23, 2007
    Bonham TX
    Now I understand, around to much boom boom :biggrin_2559: What det were you with?

11. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    He's upset he didn't get hurt and get a check. :biggrin_25522:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.