Valley Transportation Ashland OH

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chunk5207, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Petertinger

Petertinger Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2011
    My Husband is considering a job with Valley and I would like to know what they mean with the "Home on Weekends" bit. Does this mean home on Friday and leave on Monday, or will he get home Saturday and be called back Sunday? I have a father and brother who are truckers, so I am used to the lifestyle, but I have 2 young children and I want to know what I should expect. Thanks in advance :)

(He's probably reading this... Hi!)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skinnytrucker

skinnytrucker Heavy Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    U.P. of Michigan
    If you have a father and a brother that drive you should already know the answer to this question. It means home late or occasionally early on Fridays and leave early or occasionally late on Sunday.

4. Petertinger

Petertinger Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2011
    My father was never guarunteed to be home, in the beginning, he would go out for over a week at a time before we saw him. He would get 48 hours after that though to be home. My brother has always had jobs where he is out just a day or 2... but it still takes it's toll on his family. I just wasn't sure if Valley did the same, do they get a full 48, it sounds like he would just get Saturday off in this case then. Thats a bummer, I was at least hoping to keep him for both Saturday and Sunday, even if it meant he got home late Friday and left early Monday.

5. Poof

Poof Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Green, Ohio
    It does means home on weekends. Just got a call from my hubby who said he will be home tonight. He left out late Sunday like around 10 pm, then stopped in to spend the night on Tuesday, and is heading back to Ohio tonight. They get lots of home time. I was very sceptical myself about the "hometime" but its true.

Petertinger Thanks this.
  6. Semi Crazy

Semi Crazy Road Train Member

May 13, 2011
    Middle Tennessee

:biggrin_25523:

7. tbonz51

tbonz51 Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2011
    green,ohio
    Correction ... valley has no ez-pass however they do advance for toll bridges. They try and keep away from using toll roads. They do have satellite,cd,am/fm radios in all the trucks.Other than that everything else is correct.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  8. tbonz51

tbonz51 Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2011
    green,ohio
    Nobodys gonna force you to do anything you dont want to do....:biggrin_25512:

9. tbonz51

tbonz51 Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2011
    green,ohio
    Well if you know so much about valley then you would know that they lease loads from great american. Yes they are technically leased on to them too but are one of the best flatbed carriers in the northeast region. They are by far nothing like great americans fleet. Their equiptment is top notch and maintenance is the best in the business. Driver fitness is a joke at 21%. We have some of the best drivers around the area and none that are out of shape or that cant drive. Valley only hires the best. Those scores are great americans and not valleys. Valley drivers make alot of $$$$$$ and being leased to GAL helps us make more. As far as being under someone elses DOT authority...... nothing valley drivers cant overcome and if you know so much about valley check into their inspections ratings and see that we have a 94% clean rating. Moral of my story is Valley is not GAL,just leased on for the loads out of state.

10. jatwell

jatwell Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Mansfield, Ohio
    Can you bring a rider along at valley?

11. Jfaulk99

Jfaulk99 Road Train Member

May 16, 2009
    Couch
    If their drivers are in such good shape then why do they feel the need to hold each others hands chaining coils in Mansfield? Maybe they should also learn to have their trailers torn down and ready to load BEFORE they tie up a loading spot. You would think a company that primarily hauls coils would know to throw 2 chains per coil and get out of the way. Instead they see no problem making everyone else in line wait while they play footsie with each other. It's pretty bad when even the mill notices.

Les2 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.