Verizion 4g jet pack with booster antenna?

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by Moneyhungrytrucker, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Moneyhungrytrucker

Moneyhungrytrucker Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2017
    I am wanting to have Verizon 4g wifi in my truck. I want the Verizon jet pack data hotspot. I want the unlimited prepaid data plan only. I don't need voice and text, just data.

I am OTR and travel west. I would like to connect a 4g external booster antenna to my truck. I see many people with RV's and campers have a simular setup.

This would give me better signal strength. I am just not certain what products these campers are using.... Does anyone here know?

I am OTR at the moment and can't research the camping forums at the moment.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Storm chaser's review ...
    Review of the New SureCall Fusion2Go 2.0 Cellular Signal Booster

There's also several good related threads on this chaser forum
    https://stormtrack.org/community/search/3592246/?q=booster&o=date&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=11

But I run all 48 and a lot in the northwest quadrant and hotspot off of my iPhone 5s all the time in remote areas, with NO booster. You have to really park in a remote stretch of interstate to not have decent LTE signal. Yes, you can get off of the interstate and not get any signal except maybe 3g or 1x. But chances, in these sorts of remote areas, there's not an LTE tower anywhere around to pull off of anyway.

Chasers who like/demand boosters general do because they need to live stream and boosters make this much more possible out on the fringes, otherwise, most other chasers who don't live-stream don't see a need to use a booster [on today's Verizon/ATT coverage] if they just need radar data and light browsing and "pinging" capabilities.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I run the western. I have the unlimited data. It's the cats whiskers. I only use my phone for a hotspot, and can watch movies from UTube on my laptop, in places you'd go NFW. Dunno about that booster equipment, but unless you have an unlimited data plan, it's cheap, your basically viewing cave man drawings in your sleeper.

5. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    I have Verizon 3g truly unlimited data plan, they can't slow mine down unlike the new 4g unlimited prepaid data plan you are looking at, and I use 40-90 gb a month

with that said I have never needed a external booster antenna and that's running otr all 48

6. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    They can't slow it down because it's already slower than molasses.

7. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Ya right
    I stream video and play online games all the time and don't have any trouble

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.