VERY SAD HAFTA MOVE! Thanks Swift!

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Wyldfyur, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Wyldfyur

Wyldfyur Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Lewiston, ID
    We are so upset, mad, frustrated and sad! We just have a small one room rental and we hafta move cause we are not making enough money to keep it!
    As you know Hubby an I are a team an except for 3 times have yet to be run as a team. One week he got $140 an I got $104.
    Another classmate of mine who graduated in my class is actually making more than Hubby who graduated in July and has 20yrs experience but it was over 20 yrs ago.
    I am so depressed an we really dont know what to do or how to handle this. We are moving out today an putting the stuff in a storage unit which is all we can afford atm. We only had 3 bills, insurance, rent, phone no credit cards, we never thot would not be covered by our pay.
    Anyone else have similar probls? Is frieght that bad???

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Are you two on the 747 fleet? If you would consider both getting your hazmat endorsements and move up to 757 high priority fleet-- means you can steal loads from any other driver to keep rolling (worst case scenario if there is very little freight in the area).

Are they setting y'all up with a lot of solo runs? Try to get ahold of someone who works the FedEx account in your area, lots of miles but run hard there.

Yes I lost both my homes, they repossessed my pickup truck and everything is in storage. Wife and son are living with her mom.I feel about this big || sometimes....

Wyldfyur Thanks this.
  4. old-school

old-school Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2007
    south western ohio
    i think that i would tell swift where to pound sand at and move to another company. I made more than that 34 years ago just starting out.

Wyldfyur Thanks this.
  5. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    hows the lease going scotty?

6. Hamshoe

Hamshoe Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Illinois
    Are those numbers typical? That ounds like just one load for the week. I hope things pick up for you.

Wyldfyur Thanks this.
  7. Tapeworm

Tapeworm Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Upper Midwest
    Something isn't right Wyldfyur. Freight is a little slow right now, but you and your hubby should be making a LOT more than that. Do you get along okay with your DM? Something just isn't right..... They usually keep teams running hard!

Wyldfyur and Injun Thank this.
  8. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    hell you should be making more than that a day---might be time to make move all right---make a move to a better job

Wyldfyur Thanks this.
  9. Wyldfyur

Wyldfyur Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Lewiston, ID
    Yes we get along with our DM. An we average about $250 to $300 a week. We know we should be making more as a team. We talked to them once about it an for a bit, 2 wks, they ran us a lil more, now its back to very short solo runs, sigh!

10. bluebonn

bluebonn Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Texas
    I don't know who your DM is but if things do not change I would request a new one. I don't have this problem at all and I am full 48 OTR no dedicated.

This week I will put in 3200 miles by Wednesday at midnight plus a driver un load. I have been averaging 2900 week unless I take home time. Even then I still get around 2000.

The longest I have sat for a load was 2 hours. usually I have a pre-plan before I even get to where I am going. I t-called a load got a few hours of sleep and woke up to 2 pre-plans and took off on them.

I don't know if you do this already but do you call the consignee to see if you can deliver early. I do this every time and most of the time they say come on in. This helps if you have a short run that delivers in days. You can get it off the same day as you pick it up and then get another.

Some say freight is slow in Cali but not one time since going solo have I been sitting in Cali. When I was with my trainer we use to sit out here for days. this is my fourth time in Cali in the past two weeks.

I take every load that comes across the qualcomm I don't care if it's 100 miles I will get it there and then they get me another for over 1000 miles that will deliver in two days.

Now I have had to take two 34 hour restarts and still average 2900. I have some buddies who work for swift that where running team and they where only getting about 1400 to 2000 miles a week. They where getting very small checks and since then they have went solo. one got fired and the other is now making money.

maybe someone who teams can come on here and tell you they make good money but my trainer was only doing around 2800 miles a week with me on the truck. we sat a lot! And my buddies where not making money.

For me no issues with money so far except they tend to forget to reimburse you for things even after you send them the receipts.

Good luck to you and I hope things improve. deliver them loads as soon as you can and get onto your DM everyday until the miles improve.

Wyldfyur Thanks this.
  11. Hamshoe

Hamshoe Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Illinois
    can you explain what you did day to day last week....only so people can give you constuctive advice. Something just isn't right here.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted