vibration in a brand new t680

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by SianP, Oct 10, 2019.

1. SianP

SianP Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Hi All

I just got a brand new t680. It only had 350 miles on it, we are now up to 2000 miles but from the start there has been a strong and consistent vibration. It is always there but sometimes worse than others. It doesnt seem to matter if its uphill or down, even when it goes to 600rpm coast mode it is vibrating. It seems to be felt worse when standing in the middle of the sleeper floor, but its annoying enough in the drivers seat and passenger seats. You can feel it in the steering wheel. I really cant figure out where to start looking for the problem. I work for a good company but I dont want to seem ungrateful and immediately start complaining after having just been trusted with a brand new truck. Id at least like to have some idea first. Any helpful suggestions on where to start or if anyone else has had an issue with a new t680 that they worked out what was it?

Thanks for all your help

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    If you think something is wrong with your truck you need to tell your company asap. They paid a lot of money for that new truck and expect it to be right.

magoo68 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Sometimes they miss something on the assembly line. I'd tell your boss asap and get it looked at. Could develop into something much worse.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Well ive got a new t680 with 8k onthe clock and its vibration free, so u need to get that thing checked out...

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  6. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Some of the new peterbilts have the driveline welded off center. Causing vibrations.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.