Virginia's new $3,550 speeding ticket

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Aussie, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Aussie

Aussie <strong>Thunder From DownUnder</strong>

May 7, 2006
    Lynchburg, VA
    Traffic offenders face whopping additional fees that live on long after they've paid their fines. It's part of a growing 'driver responsibility' trend that targets chronic offenders.

By MSN Money staff and wires

Traffic patrols have long been known as roving tax collectors. But in Virginia, they really are collecting taxes.

Article Continues:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Insurance/Advice/VirginiasNewSpeedingTicket.aspx

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

WOW, looks like VA is becoming the new CA. I would expect CA to get even more radical with their fine costs. They won't allow another state to get one up on them.

4. Truckin Juggalo

Truckin Juggalo Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Madisonville, TN
    umm are they just talking about if the Weigh Station sign says Open and you miss it this happens?.... or a police officer flags you down and makes you follow them to the Scale House...
    Now i'm worried that the Scale Houses are going to Start Playing Games with the Open/Closed Switch and leaving the prepass off

its almost happened to me once, in NC but i think they were toying with it flipping it on and off for so many trucks.... thats CRAZY i swear if i could make the same money at Mc Donald's i would QUIT Trucking everyone is trying to "Steal" our HARD Earned Money...

I do think this part was a good ideal....
    as Far as the speeding thing goes that sounds a little rough...and i think they should include one of those remedial fees for 4 wheelers that Rear End and Draft Semi's

5. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Ever hear of or use "Weigh In Motion"??????????????

NE has that on their 4 interstate scales. Its a racket, because they can't monitor (I don't think) what the sign says after you roll across the scale in the road. They will run the WIM and then come out and give you a ticket for not stopping even tho the WIM said you were good to go. I know, I got one from a DOT witch.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.