Vista Proppants (VPROP)

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Haystak88, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Haystak88

Haystak88 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    Received an offer from VPROP to work in their West TX operations as a frac sand driver. Depending on the yard, you either live in a Target Logistics location in Pecos, or a trailer by yourself in Monahans and receive $40 a day per diem. I was just notified that pay has changed from load pay to hourly, at $25. The pay change just happened and the recruiters were scrambling calling those who are scheduled to be in orientation this Monday, like I am. So...Anyone have any info on them? I suppose it's kinda late in the game to be asking for any information, but thought I'd give it one last chance before I commit. Any info on them would be appreciated.

MagnumaMoose Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Makeajump

Makeajump Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Texas
    That’s great news! I passed by the sand loading place between Midland and Big Spring yesterday and the trucks were stacked in a line bout a mile long on the access road and half a mile into the entrance to the sand railroad cars. I thought “poor guys getting paid by the load and gonna take better part of the day to get loaded. The clock is ticking while they sit in line there” But it’s great to hear they might be getting paid by the hour. That’s the only way I would do it.....

rabbiporkchop and MagnumaMoose Thank this.
  4. bobthesailor

bobthesailor Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Huntington,Tx
    I dont think they let you do a 3 week on and 1 week off,only reason I didnt call them,cant go home to Louisiana with only 2 days off. Pulling a vaccum tank in Midland now

5. MagnumaMoose

MagnumaMoose Lost or Missing

Jan 18, 2018
    Do they raise the pay rate above 40 hours to time and a half ? If they do then it sounds like they are improving. Even if it's only straight time all the way to 70 it still sounds like an improvement. Congrats on getting the new job. If it's overtime over 40, I might be interested myself. Let me know if they offer a referral.

6. bobthesailor

Oct 11, 2013
    Huntington,Tx
    The email I received yesterday says they pay 1.5 over 40.

MagnumaMoose Thanks this.
  7. T.s hobbs

T.s hobbs Bobtail Member

May 31, 2016
    I've been looking for info about this company myself, let us know how it goes!.

8. GDawg

GDawg Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2018
    Yes, I just received a call from them and would like to know more info also, any thing they are not telling us over the phone. Thanks

9. bobthesailor

Oct 11, 2013
    Huntington,Tx
    I start orientation in san Angelo on the 12th. Fema trailer single housing in monahans,trucks parked next door to trailers on same big lot . Assume they leave there and head to mine between kermit and monahans to load.

10. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    That sounds alright as long as they can keep you busy and are honest with the pay.

11. bobthesailor

Oct 11, 2013
    Huntington,Tx
    Uniforms,4 sets,at 7$ per week,25 an hr 40 a day per diem for the kermit yard. Wont know all the particulars till orientation

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.