2012 VNL 630, D11.
I have been having problems with my DPF face plugging with with looks like fiberglass insulation. I found that my insulated pipe off the turbo had some pin holes on the inside and sucked out that insulation. Replaced that and everything ran good for 6 months or so and then it started plugging up again. After cleaning it again, it only lasted 2 months. The only place I can see where it might be coming from is the insulation around the DOC. I checked my newly installed insulated exhaust pipe piece and it looks good on the inside.
So I'm going to try a little experiment that I thought you guys might like. Instead of replacing the DOC I'm going to use a high heat epoxy to seal around it and hopefully prevent the fibers from working their way apart. The DOC and DPF ceramics are and good working order, seems like such a waste to replace them over the #### insulation coming apart. Not to mention saving some big bucks if this works.
I am soaking my DPF in a vinegar solution over night and will do the repair tomorrow. I'll post some pictures of how I did it in case this actually works well.