Volvo 2012 VNL - ENGINE WILL NOT REV - and can not drive

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by JerryD13, Oct 16, 2018.

1. JerryD13

JerryD13 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2016
    NEW INFORMATION >> LOOKS LIKE THIS IS ANOTHER ISSUE - THE ENGINE WILL NOT REV - SO IN NEUTRAL - IF YOU PRESS THE GAS - IT WILL REV FOR A SECOND THEN - PETAL WILL GO TO THE FLOOR - WILL NOT MAINTAIN REV -- IF I DRIVE 5 MPH IT WILL
    MOVE BUT IF i TRY AND ADD FUEL - PRESS PETAL - THE PETAL GOES TO THE FLOOR. NO POWER --

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK THIS IS?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sharky88

Sharky88 Heavy Load Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Your engine de rated. Need to go to the dealer

JerryD13 and John A. Thank this.
  4. Roadglide201

Roadglide201 Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Depends what derated it. Sometimes you can disconnect all power ( about 10minutes) at the battery’s and it will reset and allow you to drive but it may derate again. Depends what caused it. Sometimes removing power fools the computer. If it’s a serious derated it may not work.

JerryD13 Thanks this.
  5. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Gotta be emissions related de-rate. If you need to move you can unplug the speed sensor from the tail shaft and get down the road. Just don’t go too fast. It plugs in on top of the tail shaft right where the driveshaft slip yoke is.

JerryD13 Thanks this.
  6. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    definatly sounds like you are in an emission related de rate the only way to check is remove speed sensor plug and go from there if it starts moving it will enough to get you to a shop, the only other thing that can do this and not very likely is the clutch system on i shift, but not very likely.

7. JerryD13

JerryD13 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2016
    NasRiza - RoadGlide and Sho Gun - right on the money again !!! yes it was the derate
    and as you guys recommended - clear power / disconnect battery - and try again
    after 10 min - BINGO !

** I was stuck at a delivery in the sticks - till I logged back in and read these posts !!

> this support was extreemly appreciated.

Thank You Guys!!

shogun Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.